peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  08:28:56 AM  Show Profile
Hey Teresa

I was wondering about your summer kitchen. Is your stove propane gas or electric? Do you have more than one oven? Just curious because I have a storage building that I could make one out of.

Sharlet

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  09:50:29 AM  Show Profile
I just redid my entire Kitchen and will be putting the old appliance in an outdoor Kitchen. It will be tough be cause all the new stuff is so much easier to work but I hope to do most of the canning outside this year.

It is in a covered area with a cement floor and is just my old kitchen outdoors. Clean up with a garden hose is what I am after.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  10:20:32 AM  Show Profile
My stove(s) are propane, I have 2, they are no frills no bells or whistles, free standing stove/oven combos. I love having 2, I can do double the amount of cooking/canning at atime. I have 2 double sinks also in there, and lots of counter space, along with a frig and freezer. This set-up is also wonderful at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  10:27:39 AM  Show Profile
I really need to make one myself. We have a crowd here some holidays too. With six children and fourteen grandchildren and all the others I run out of oven and range space in a hurry. You lucky dogs!
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  10:33:15 AM  Show Profile
Sharlet, once you have one, you'll wonder how you EVER did without. At canning time, it is very crowded in there, with my D-in-law and some neighbors that help, ( we trade with each other on somethings that the other does'nt have) , plus here, not only do we have veggys to can, we also have fruit, so it is spread out during the entire summer and early fall.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  10:38:33 AM  Show Profile
Sounds wondy! I just need a few more projects. Let me see.... Goat fencing and goats.....finish chicken coop....work in garden.....new remote kitchen. Oh my, which one first?
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  10:49:26 AM  Show Profile
The joy of farm/ranching, the projects never end, and when you think you've gotten thru the list, you have to start over from the beginning, cause those are now worn-out, broke-down, obsolete, or just plain ugly, lol. Remember this " A man works from sun to sun, and a womens work is NEVER done"

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Teresa....summer kitchen? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page