Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 my trims and material for your jams, pickles,etc.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic my trims and material for your jams, pickles,etc. Next Topic  

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  4:54:34 PM  Show Profile
Well gal friends, I'm just not sure how to go about canning....never did it and a bit curious why foods wouldn't go moldy.
So for all you gal friends who want to send me an extra jar or two of what they have preserved I will send them a care package from India of either material or various trims.....or both.
I know the economy is bad right now.....but you just might like to do this.....and my kids would enjoy it SO much. Your package would go to Massachusetts.....mine would come from India.
I did a similar barter last year for Christmas goodies...and my son was very very pleased.
Firstly, I would send your package first to you.....you would receive it no later then the beginning of November----as I am still in Massachusetts for a while. Then you would send a package to my home in Massachusetts. Also, you would tell me pretty much what color of trim or material----how many yards, etc..... I aim to please as best I can. Let me know if any of you are interested.....its a long time off but I want to get the mailers to mail them in. Last similar barter 9 gals and I swapped-----and it was FUN.
Beverly Gill in rainy rainy Massachusetts

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  6:53:29 PM  Show Profile
Beverly...I have a very good friend who makes the best jams and jellies I have ever come across. Every Christmas we barter for 8 jars or so and her pick of 10 bars of my handcrafted soap. I would then forward you the jam for some trim or material from India. I would love that and I am sure you will be pleased with her jams and jellies. Deal? Let me know how many jars to post and when. You still have my address but I will need yours for Massachuesetts once again. E-mail me if you agree with the barter and for your address. Sounds like fun!!

Love,

Melody

Melody
Farmgirl #525
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  7:28:56 PM  Show Profile
That sounds really fun Beverly!! By the way...your dandelion and rose jelly should be to you soon....they are on their way!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  8:30:16 PM  Show Profile
Yes Jenny---it was a real success last year when I did a similar swap. Everyone follwed through with swapping.....and my son was very happy with what he received from my gal friends. I actually ended up sending everyone 2 packages, as I was a little nervous with the postage cost from India and thought I short changed them a little bit. Postage isn't too bad over there.

This time I want to send the packages off first, and have everyone receive theirs first...they can then decide how many jars they want to send to Massachusetts. And believe me...I do realize the economy is bad and postage is high.
I look forward to receiving your jellys....very very much.

ttyl
Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  8:35:00 PM  Show Profile
oh, I forgot.......I have access to a place right across the street from me that makes Shabby Chic pillow covers----you know lacy, very sweet looking . If anyone would be interested in those instead of the material or trim....these are very nice .....let me know. This place my in-laws didn't even know about---it takes an American gal shopper to find such a place.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  4:06:55 PM  Show Profile

Beverly,

I emailed you about this exciting barter.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, MRET & Wellness Coach

http://herbalmommasda.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl Sister #97
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  08:58:54 AM  Show Profile
I would love to get in on this barter!! I am new to the forum but have been a Mary Jane follower for quite some time. I've already put up quite a bit of strawberry and strawberry/rhubarb jam this year. Am planning on pickles, tomatoes, green beans, peppers, etc. And I've picked 10 lbs of blueberries in the last week! I will be happy to can anything by special request. I just got a new resource for rhubarb and am planning to put up rhubarb jam and preserves. I'm sure you have access to some absolutely BEAUTIFUL material in India!

The chief source of failure and unhapiness is trading what you want the most for what you want at the moment.

Edited by - chaddsgirl on Jun 25 2009 08:59:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tidy Aprons
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Oney Farmgirl #638
Colorado
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  09:05:23 AM  Show Profile
Beverly, I have some canned tomato sauce if you have any interest in that. It would be a great base for some marinara sauce, pizza sauce, in chili etc. I have 2 jars left from last summer's crop.

~Oney~
"There's something a little holy in taking care of the places we inhabit, in summoning sheen. And there's a power in watching over our spaces, the rooms we move within, the sets where our life stories unfold." ~Lori Hall Steele
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  09:12:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi Beverly,
I would love join in. I was wondering if instead of material though, we could trade my canning for Indian spices? I am trying to master some great curries and would die to get my hands on some of your market items from there. If interested I will even send my things to you in India, I know how to ship flat rate. Let me know, this would be a lot of fun.
Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  10:06:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi again,
Got the email and will check the book for the spices.
Since I can everything you will get a assortment. But off the top there will be Lemon Curd, Salsa, Seedless Blackberry jelly, Peaches, Strawberry Syrup. But if there is a major thing you crave while your over there I will can that also for you.
Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

quiltingfarmergirl
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Barbara
Cato NY
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  7:19:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Beverly,
I have some raspberry jam, peach jam and bread and butter pickles that I could send to you. I would love some fabric from India! This is a great idea. I will set them aside until November when we can make the trade. How many children do you have? What a unique and creative way to obtain some special goodies.

Barb
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  8:08:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Beverly,

I would love to barter with you too!

I am not done canning but will make it worth your while :) So far I have only made Gooseberry Jam, Rose Petal Jam and Rhubarb Jam but will be making some more fruit jams and jellies in the next few weeks :) Please let me know. Oh, I would also be interested in spices if possible. Thanks for doing this, it's sounds like so much fun!

Is there anything that you do not like or are allergic to?

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Calicogirl on Jun 27 2009 9:08:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  8:21:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Beverly,
I'm new to the forum, but already feel right at home. I have some sweet pepper glaze (with a yummy recipe) and will have some huckleberry jam I would love to trade with you. Thanks for a great idea and opportunity.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  08:16:43 AM  Show Profile
I want to thank you all for a wonderful response...you've made my rainy days very sunny. I feel very blessed to have my gal friends wanting to barter with me. I can't tell you how my grown kids enjoy receiving a package in the mail.....its an unexpected joy of the day.
Anyhow, when you get a chance there is a site called an indian summer. Anyone interested can go there go under favorite sites to textiles and fabrics.....look some of the fabric over and tell me if any of you are interested in this type of material.....you may or may not.
In about 2 weeks I will be e-mailing each of you to let you know what in particular I would like to receive from you. You all brought a lot to the table(HA) and I want to get the most variety for my kids.
Thank you so much-once again.

Have a great Sunday
Beverly Gill
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  09:35:16 AM  Show Profile
oops---miss my coffee...I meant textiles and fabrics is under find it here on the left side column.

thanks

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  2:28:12 PM  Show Profile
Beverly,

Do you have a web address for An Indian Summer? I tried doing a search but could not find it. Thanks!

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  5:09:44 PM  Show Profile
The fabrics I really like alot are like the ones in the patchwork skirts this gal makes and sells on her etsy.... www.urbanprairiegirl.etsy.com I would like to make some of my own like those if you can find fabrics like that. She says she gets hers in India.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  7:46:07 PM  Show Profile
it should be www.anindiansummer.com
Let me know...I just tried it and got it.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  9:12:04 PM  Show Profile
I couldn't get it to work Beverly, although I found a blog at the same address with a .net but didn't find fabric there.

Jenny in Utah

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Jun 28 2009 9:15:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  03:55:39 AM  Show Profile
Hmmm...sorry...I don't know what the problem is---its no biggee though. there should have been an area on the left side saying find it then you scroll down to fabrics and textiles. But I pretty much know what you want.

ttyl

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  05:55:03 AM  Show Profile
LOL I am not Beverly, but here is the link :

http://anindiansummer-design.blogspot.com/

Love it, it reminds me of the material etc. in Thailand!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  06:37:54 AM  Show Profile
Dutchy, thanks for rescuing me----I appreciate it very much.

Have a good day dearie---and do you want me to ship you over some of Massachusett's rain????? I feel I am in India now with all this rain.I believe it has rained almost every day this month....I hope my first vegetable garden has some veggies....oh well

Beverly Gill....who needs a raincoat for sure.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  07:46:17 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Dutchy :)

Beverly, I have family in CT and they said that New England sure has gotten alot of rain this year. Where in Massachusetts are you, I used to live there?

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  08:06:40 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the link Dutchy!! The fabrics are sooooo beautiful!! I love all the bright colors.

The chief source of failure and unhapiness is trading what you want the most for what you want at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  2:39:24 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sarah, Don't forget to get back to me with your wish list on what you want...I'll try my best to get close to it.

Amount of material
type
for what use
colors of preference

Have a good evening gals,the sun is out....yes

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  06:53:56 AM  Show Profile
I sent you and e-mail this morning Beverly. This is so exciting!

Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic my trims and material for your jams, pickles,etc. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page