happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  10:56:51 AM  Show Profile
I'm looking for a farm scene, maybe from a front porch with part of the porch showing or maybe a scene with a farmhouse in it, for my computer. I figure the thing sits right here on my desk all day, at least I could have wallpaper and a screensaver that reflects my dreams. So, does anyone have a "farmgirl" type of screensaver or wallpaper? If you do, where did you find it? tia

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  3:03:00 PM  Show Profile
Patti, I usually do a google image search and find something to use as wall paper. Here is a couple to check out.
www.mdickinson.biz/pages/31HighlandRdMERR
www.confluence.org/photo.php?visitid=5938&pic=3
www.shared-visions.com/.../farm/yardfrom.htm
www.daviscountyrealtors.com/.../listing.php
www.photo.net/.../ontario-rainbow-barn-4.tcl
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2006 :  10:00:54 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much -- I'll check these out right now!

Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2006 :  10:56:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Patti,
Another way to get just the screensaver or wallpaper you want is to download your own pictures. Go take a picture of that land you are hoping to get (which by the way, is very, very exciting news!) and load the picture on your computer and then save as wallpaper. I've done that with pictures of our farm and of the twins. It's always so nice to see when I open up the computer. A couple weeks ago, I was at the farm and went along out with my husband to feed and then into the woods, I got some really great pictures of our cows and him on the tractor, so they will be popping up on the screen at home reall soon. It's personal, it's your own and it is part of your dream.

I have also done the Google image search and have come up with some really nice pictures. Matter of fact, it's getting time to do some looking around and find one for the spring weather. I'm getting itchy, even had a dream last night about planiting out the garden and that we had to expand it.

Have fun looking and I hope you come up with just the right view to look at from "your back yard." What a great view to have. God bless you always and espcecially with the land prospects and decisions.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

Frankenblonde
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Courtland CA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2006 :  3:45:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Frankenblonde a Yahoo! Message
For beautifully painted country scenes, Backwoods Home Magazine has some great cover art on it's website (I use the March/April 1997 picture for my desktop wallpaper).

Go to www.backwoodshome.com and click on Free Stuff

“Always know in your heart that you are far bigger than anything that can happen to you.”
~ Dan Zadra, Chicken Soup for the Country Soul

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2006 :  4:25:26 PM  Show Profile
Another source for pictures - go to http://www.wunderground.com - look for the "wunder photos" section and type in your key word like "barn" - you can do an advanced search and look for other things also to narrow your search.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2006 :  4:59:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, ladies. I went from having no pictures to several gorgeous ones I found on the sites you suggested. Dh put them together in a "slideshow" type of screensaver, and I used a seasonal one for my wallpaper. Thanks so much for all your help.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Screensavers & wallpaper Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page