Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Anyone have an easy..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Anyone have an easy.. Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  4:49:46 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
clothspin bag pattern? I have some nice fabric, just need an EASY pattern. Thanks.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

Edited by - catscharm74 on Jun 19 2009 5:02:10 PM

Pinkyatmoosehollowfarm
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Josephine
Albany New Hampshire
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  6:19:36 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I'll have to search out the blog I read recently. I just got my very first clothes line! I just quickly glanced at the tutorial and winged it. I made myself one, then noticed a change I wanted and made 3 more the other day with the change. Basically, you cut two rectangles about 12" x 18" out of 2 fabrics one rectangle about 8" from the top. Cut out a 2" x 24" strip out of a 3rd fabric or the contrasting fabric. I used my serger but you don't need one. Fold and press the 24" strip into a double fold binding. Cut it in half (two 12" strips) bind the two edges where you cut the first rectangle. Sew the two rectangles (well now three) together. I overlapped the two bound edges a bit, even if that means you must trip up the whole rectangle. Anyway, sew all four sides. Turn right side out and press. Press the top part of the whole retangle over to front (it will now show to the front, over where the opening bound edges are. Put in 3 buttonholes in the folded flap and sew on bottons so the flap can be buttoned over a hanger (or just over your line), I added a fourth button and buttonhole to the new ones I made so that the bag doesn't just hang gapping open like the first one did. I'll send photos in the next few days, my batteries are now dead. Does this make any sense?

Feel free to email me.

Pinky at Moose Hollow Farm

Pink is not just a color...it's an attitude!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  6:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Sorry..no..but I am visual person..once I see it, I get it but Thanks for helping!!!

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  7:47:05 PM  Show Profile
How about trying this one? It looks pretty easy .:D
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  8:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ummm...Jess...do you have a link or do I need to go put on my glasses??? ; )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Pinkyatmoosehollowfarm
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Josephine
Albany New Hampshire
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  04:26:25 AM  Show Profile
http://myluckychicken.typepad.com/photos/clothespin_bag_tutorial/index.html

This tutorial is close to what I made. After I made mine, I made 3 more but added a fourth button to close up the opening when not in use so it doesn't gape. I get some photos for you soon (my camera batteries need recharging). Mine looks much cuter than the one in the tute.

Pink is not just a color...it's an attitude!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  06:10:36 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Josephine.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  06:19:30 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
I make my bags out of infant dresses or rompers. I buy them at the goodwill and sew the bottoms shut. Leave the button opening open to put the pins in and voila! a clothespin bag! Attach it to a hanger and there you go.

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow." Helen Keller

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  07:10:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Heather,

I don't exactly know what a clothespin bag is (I'm guessing that it is something to hold clothespins in, right?) But I do have a really neat pattern for a very basic bag. It's new, never been used. Go to Simplicity.com and type in the pattern number which is 2667. If this is something you are interested in, I will get it right out to you.
If not, I hope you find what you are looking for!
Take care

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Marcy on Jun 20 2009 07:17:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  07:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Pam, you are a GENIUS, LOL!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Anyone have an easy.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page