Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Julie called all the way from Paradise!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Julie called all the way from Paradise! Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  8:39:48 PM  Show Profile
What a dear heart...I have not had the best of luck these past few months major changes with an ailing parent, a troubled teen, a new job and then no job and I have shared all the bitter details with my friend Julie via snail mail and on occasion a private e-mail. But, I wanted to share with you my complete surprise this afternoon when I heard someone with a very distinct Southern Belle accent speaking to me on the phone. My son Elli answered and I thought about not talking to whoever was on the other end. I have begun to dread any kind of phone call...so my "hello" was rather weak sounding when all of a sudden this Southern Belle spoke just as sweet and cheerful and I asked...JULIE??? Yep. All the way from Paradise. She felt she had to call and see how I was doing. We talked for several minutes and after a few sniffles by me and hearing that wonderful laugh Julie has I felt 100% better. Thank you Julie. Now I have a voice to go with our letters and a picture of you on the very same day. You don't know how much it meant to me that you called just to see how I was and to let me know "the gate would be open." You are more than a farmgirl friend. I feel I have another sister in the family.

Thanks again dear! Talk to you soon.

Love,

Melody

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  07:39:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Isn't Julie great? I love her voice too! I hope we get to meet face to face one of these days! I am glad her phone call came just when you needed a pick-me-up! *hugs* Hope things are going better for you soon Melody! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  07:50:44 AM  Show Profile
Now Melody, it's like I told you on the phone, any time you feel as beat up as a divot in a Polo Match, my gate is open. And Alee, my gate is always open to you, too. Bring Nora, we'll corral Melody, and we'll just have a big ol' Southern porch party! Mint juleps or sweet tea?

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  07:57:20 AM  Show Profile
Oh I am so glad to see this as I was really worrying about Melody and Julie as I hadn't heard from either of you!! I am sorry you are going through tough times Melody. Troubled teen stuff, I could write a book! Thank God they grow up. Not to take away from your troubles but I am so excited I need to share, my Mom just got some bloods tests back normal!! They were testing for multiple myeloma. This kind of cancer has really gone through family on my mothers side and it is such a relief!!!
Hang in there ladies. I love this place!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  08:11:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Julie- That sounds divine! I can't wait until I can come. Hopefully I will find a way to get to Kentucky next year for the Egyptian Event and perhaps we could arrange a meet up since I will be so much closer then- I know it would still be a drive for you- but it would be so much fun to meet you in person!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  05:46:08 AM  Show Profile
Alee - If I can figure out how to get there, I'll bring the sweet tea! And RAE! I mailed you a letter a few weeks ago -- sorry you didn't get it -- but there will be another one in the mail Monday! I'd do it today, but I'm at work, and the mail doesn't run on Sunday!!!!!!!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  07:11:15 AM  Show Profile
Julie that is fine, if it doesn't come today I will also write as well!! Melody I hope you are doing better and things are settling down a bit for you.
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  07:21:56 AM  Show Profile
How sweet all this is :)
I remember when I got a phonecall from a dear friend in the USA when my mom was diagnosed with the severe dementia. She and I "only emailed and wrote long letters but now she called. And again after mom passed and 4 months later when my oldest brother passed away too. Such a sad time but wonderful to talk to her. AND we met up wen I went to the USA a year later, spend a week at her house in Indiana! We still are in contact :)

Love and hugs to all you famgirls, lova ya gals!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Julie called all the way from Paradise! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page