Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Help me make my bed... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  6:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ok...we have a WONDERFUL Tempurpedic Cal. King size bed...we need the length because Scott is so tall. Right now, I have a Shabby Chic fitted sheet in the small pink rose and white, a white down comforter and about 4-5 pillows in pink, light blue and white. I want my bed to be more OOMPHY (is that a word), like you would find in a luxury hotel. I would love to have a headboard and some more fluff without a lot of hassle. Any suggestions? The problem with the Temper. beds are they are lower in heigt and thinner in profile, so it loses it's ta da factor. We will eventually want to raise the bed up because seriously, Scott swings his legs off the bed and cracks his feet because the bed is so short. HELP!!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  6:26:38 PM  Show Profile
You can buy bed risers at Wal-Mart. They make them for dorm room beds but they will fit any bed. You can also get them from some of those mail order books. If you want there are alot of ways you can use fabric attached to the wall in place of a head board. Or you can cut one of wood and cover it yourself with quilt batting and fabric and a staple gun. They can be really pretty if you are creative. I've also seen picket type fencing used as a head board. Painted white with stenciled pink or blue flowers would be pretty. Or you could just grow ivy all through it if you like ivy.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  8:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Beht is right! There are lots of ways to dress up your bed. It really just depends on the look, fabrics and colors you are trying to go with. You could also use upholstery foam in place of the quilt batting. It comes in all different thicknesses for a fuller look on your makeshift headboard. I saw an episode of Christopher Lowell years ago adding some ooomph to a plain bed. Maybe try googling him and see if you can come up with one of his DIY videos clips.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Help me make my bed... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page