julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  6:42:39 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, this is just wonderful! I find it so fascinating. I don't own a pair of jeans and I can count on one hand the number of T-shirts I have..rarely wear them.. I stopped wearing tennis shoes of any kind in highschool (22 years ago!). I feel very casual though. I wear dresses..when I'm working around the farm, I typically wear the 'farm gowns' I've made. They are light and easy to move in. I have a handful of pants that I wear once in a while. They are all the same style..made by Jeanne Englehart Flax Linen.. (ever heard of them?) they are very loose fitting and capris style.. I have a black pair that I made from the old ones I completely wore out! Come to think of it, I'm really rather boring. I basically wear the same style each and every single day! I wear tights all the time too.. I love funky colorful tights. I wear maryjane style shoes; either my favorite Dr. Martens or Dansko clogs that I get from a factory reject catalog. I didn't wear a bra until I had children and started nursing.. that was nearly 5 years ago and since I'm (gasp) still nursing, I wear a bra! Oy!! My hair is long and I tie it up in bun nearly every single day.. I have an assortment of hats that I wear regularly too..I think that should about do it! Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  7:29:34 PM  Show Profile
OH! Are we supposed to wear something under our aprons?!!? LOL I usually wear jean or overalls. Sometimes a skirt or dress. In winter/cold I will wear the skirts/dresses with leggings/thermals/tights.It just depends on how I feel. I buy some from retail, but get much from thrift shops and rummage sales. Nothing like a good church rummage sale! I don't wear bras much either, but usually wear a camisole with shelf bra. This time of year the extra layer is nice too.Summer I wear loose shorts (if I can find them long enough) , capris or skirts. Shoes are usually Birkenstocks. Oh, and a straw hat for outdoors.
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  9:20:59 PM  Show Profile
I wear mostly blue jeans and tops and sweaters. My dresses are long and comfy. I don't wear many skirts as being short waisted, skirts make me look wide in the beam. I am always barefoot except when I have to be in public, then it is birkie knock offs even in the rain or at 30 degrees. Love thrift stores, love vintage. Love my aprons!!!!!!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

BGKnits
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Bonnie
Cedar Rapids IA
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  03:36:39 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Annie, I know what you mean about it being cold in the desert. I spent 13 years in Death Valley, California! Hot as a dickens in the summer (up to 130) and colder than you'll know in the winter. Went without electricity and water a lot after rain storms, too!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Everyday attire Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page