Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Starting a Jewelry Etsy Next Topic  

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  11:28:04 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
I am thinking of starting an etsy (actually, already got signed up)
putting together wire jewelry as well as designs with real stones of turquoise, amber, onyx, etc.

Do you think right now this would do okay? I don't expect a major success ...It all started with Mom and I looking at a piece of jewelry, being inspired and I knew I could do something like it MUCH cheaper - it cost around $200 ! That's insane! She wanted a necklace like it so I went with her and started putting it all together and I think I could have a knack for it.

Once I do Mom's necklaces, I will take photos and put them up on the etsy site!

~~~~
http://www.stevietribute.com

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  12:21:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brooke, the good thing about ETSY it doesn't cost too much to try it. after you do your Mom's necklaces, I would post a picture and see what happens. My daughter also does wire wrap and beading. we are thinking about an ETSY shop once we get the workshop done so she has more space to work without the cats helping her. LOL. good luck, looking forward to seeing your work. hugs Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

quiltin mama
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Heather
Crescent City CA
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  8:02:00 PM  Show Profile
I would say that the jewlery market on Etsy is flooded but ya know, almost every market on Etsy is now flooded. Sometimes it's hard to make your shop stand out from all the others. But if you want to work at it and stay persistent then I'm sure it will pay off for you. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't pick up as fast as you'd hoped. It will, in time.
Good luck with your shop and way to go handmade! :)

You can visit my blog at www.mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Greyhound Mom
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  12:18:20 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Heather...everybody is making jewelry now! My daughter and I have had our own "Jewelry" business for eight years. You can get an idea of what we do on our website - www.enchantedwings.com or www.fairylaundry.com. We have done the surrounding church fairs, craft fairs, we had our own brick and mortar shoppe for a year, we do in-home parties, participate in our local flower conservatory, we have a cottage at our local Renaissance Festival, we've done consignment...you name it - we did it! I think persistence and a unique, well made product is important. And always, ALWAYS be ahead of everyone else...who makes jewelry. Don't get discouraged and if you love creating, continue to do it! Create an online store and get your name out there. Don't give up!!!

Barbara ~

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth, and we have a sacred duty to protect her and return thanks for the gifts of life."

Edited by - Greyhound Mom on Jul 18 2009 11:56:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  09:17:37 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Hey, guys, I jumped the gun.. I'll probably make some jewelry but that isn't the only thing.. I have alot on my plate and alot of ideas and such .. thanks for your encouragement..

However, I love those websites! I bet I buy a tutu for my fairy wings here soon! :D

~~~~
http://nightbirdtrading.etsy.com
http://www.stevietribute.com
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Starting a Jewelry Etsy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page