Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Burning Feet Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  8:05:17 PM  Show Profile
Any remedies with herbs for burning feet? My husband is on his feet at work most of the day. His feet always hurt. He says they burn. He has tried all of the rub-on creams, sprays, etc... If any of you have any ideas, please let me know. I will appreciate any adivce. Thanks you all.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  9:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Check his shoes! Mine did that and I actually needed to go a size up! The shoes didn't feel like they were pinching- just my feet burned and ached and I started feeling really tender footed. Another idea is to put a new insole in his boots. The extra cushioning really helps!

Do his feet look swollen? He might be retaining water too which can make feet tender. And of course peppermint is really great for helping feet. Hope some of those suggestions help!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  08:46:28 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Alee. We did try that. This has been going on for years. However, my Sweetie is hard headed about going to the doctor. LOL I will try the peppermint. You are always such a help. Thanks, again, Alee.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  09:54:02 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Have you tried a warm bath of epsom salts? I'm also told a witch hazel bath is good for hot feet.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  10:46:13 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Lynn. We have tried the epsom salt. Even alcohol helps, but we certainly will try witch hazel. We'll try anything.
Thanks for the advice.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  2:19:23 PM  Show Profile
Burning feet can be a sign of peripheral neuropathy which is often caused by diabetes. Diabetes is left untreated in SO MANY people because often the symptoms arent overwhelming. Just little things like this. If this has been going on for several YEARS and is not shoe or athletes foot related he REALLY needs to see a doctor. Also taking vitamin b-12 is often recommended for feet problems. But please encourage your husband to see a doctor. Diabetes is very scary and can be fatal if not treated!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  4:48:32 PM  Show Profile
Julie:
I am a diabetic. I have mentioned that to my DH. I think he is just afraid of what he may find out. Hard headed. I'll get the b-12 tomorrow. I know he'll take that. I think I'll just make the appointment and take him myself. Thanks for the advice. Sorry if I have mentioned this before. It's been a while since I've been online with the group. I've forgotten the topics I've discussed. LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  09:56:44 AM  Show Profile
MArly - with you being diabetic I can see where there might be some fear but remind him if it turned out that way it would be a journey you would walk together. Think of what healthy people you can become if you are both focused on the same goal. He wont be alone and he'll likely be around much longer if he addresses the issue! I'll say a prayer for him that it is just simply hot feet! My feet were the main indicator to my bloodsugar issues. I can always tell when I am not doing what I should because my feet will start to burn! I used to have it so bad I would pull out bags of frozen peas and sit with my feet on them. Now that I take better care of myself I have very few problems. Tell him to go to the doctor because "I" said so! I'll march down to Louisiana if I have to! We are "neighbors" after all!!! :)

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  2:45:01 PM  Show Profile
Julie;
Thanks for your post. I've been having diabetes for over 12 years. I, too, would think my DH would consider that. But, as I said, he is Mr. Hardhead. I mentioned to him that I put a post on the farmgirl site about his "Burning Feet". I shouldn't have mentioned it to him. Now he never tells me if his feet hurt or not. But I still know. LOL Men! He is a sweetheart, but I do believe his is afraid of doctors. Thanks, again, for the post.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Burning Feet Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page