NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  07:52:59 AM  Show Profile
Ohhhhhhh this is so infuriating to me!

He is lucky you (dawn) didn't post his contact info. . . or I am afraid I would have to write him personally and give him some country 'learnin.

I am the farmer he is talking about. I am a third generation, college educated (in animation, not business ~take that!) organic, farmers market vendor, barely-makin-it-to-feed-his-lazy-a**-farmer.

If he is so smart and wants corporate farmed food then he should limit himself to Tang and Ensure for his entire diet! Obviously he has a deficiency that doesn't allow him to think things out.

Oh and FYI corporate farms just contract family farms to grow their foods for them. . .with ridiculous rules and regulations to "insure" their crops.

Seriously I have to go outside and beat some dirt to get this dudes mentality away from me but first I am going to write the Editor of The Denver Post. . .

Best,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  08:06:37 AM  Show Profile
Okay ladies. First of all, some sympathy for the farmers struggling in Colorado. Secondly, not everyone can be as wonderful as farmgirls and boys. We have to allow for some adverstiy in this world otherwise it'd be really boring. If those kinds of people choose to eat, think and do the way that they eat think and do, then let them. Like FebruaryViolet said, its probably someone sitting around thinking of something to say to get a rise outta everyone.
So if you're still fired up, turn it into something positive and start a local movement near you. Contact me for a copy of my Maven Brochure "Where Have All The Good Seed Gone?" copy it and distribute. Believe me, there were FAR more positive farming comments than that one, I just found that particular one to be mind boggling.....and humorous in my dark and shadowy way.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  08:14:24 AM  Show Profile
All I can say ladies is "Don't mess with farmers/farmgirls!!!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmers? Suicide? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page