True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  03:24:18 AM  Show Profile
Yea, no kidding.

I'd have to say 95 percent of dog mishaps are from operator error and not the animal's fault.

And sadly, yes we do have a frined who has a nice HUGE fenced in backyard and 2 wonderful golden retrievers. So we could allow our pup to stay here. BUT. At times neighbors have left the gate open and the house sits off a very fast and dangerous highway. SO, my peace of mind is well worth any cost to take our dog and have her safely boarded at the vet. I still think it's cruel, but not worth the worry and grey hairs.

It may help that the vaccine is a 3 year, and they do allow other vaccines to be staggered instead of being administered all at the same time.

AND, I found out that the Lepto vaccine is only good for 6 months. So we don't bother.

I think here in NC it's law to get rabies vaccines. Of course most people don't. Mentality around here in the rurual community is that dogs are fixtures and not family members. And these are the ones who allow multiple dogs to roam freely. So they aren't vaccinated nor are they neutered or spayed. Kind of a health hazard to all really.

And yes, there are definitley dogs out there with a hyper sensitivity. That's very sad
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic That's it. No more kibble Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page