Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 need recipes for 13 yr olds bday present
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic need recipes for 13 yr olds bday present Next Topic  

dgarnera
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Debra
Pine Grove CA
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  10:32:37 AM  Show Profile
My daughter is turning 13 in a few weeks. We are training her in true farm girl style and she already does a lot of the cooking. We wanted to celebrate her entering the teen years with a special gift. I am making her a cookbook. I have asked all the females in our family to contribute family favorite recipes but no one in my family are farm type people. So I thought I would ask here. I would love to make this cookbook a real historical gem- family recipes- not just your current family but your old family recipes as well- your great grandma's award winning strawberry jam recipe, mama's chocolate cake recipe etc...
Here is what I am looking for:
casseroles
stews/soups
breads
recipes for large families
canning recipes- tried and true..
meat recipes
breakfast
lunch
dinners
desserts
old old recipes
soap and toiletry recipes
herbal remedies

I am trying to stay away from just pulling recipes off of a website- I would like the recipes to come with a bit of history- more personalized. Would love it if you could include a favorite quote or Bible scripture with it.
Thank you so much for your help..
blessings,debra

Joyful momma of 5 plus 1 in the oven..

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  1:12:49 PM  Show Profile
What a lucky farmgirl! Here's a really simple herbal remedy that we used throughout my childhood - and up to now! It's pretty common, but when you have any kind of mouth sore or toothache, my mother always said to suck on a clove (dried). It works! Until you can get to the dentist, it's the way to go...

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic need recipes for 13 yr olds bday present Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page