Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Nifty Thrifty
 Homemade Laundy soap-- even cheaper
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Homemade Laundy soap-- even cheaper Next Topic  

cowgirlandboys
True Blue Farmgirl

308 Posts

Rachael
Missouri
USA
308 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2009 :  10:29:11 PM  Show Profile
Not sure why this didn't occur to me before, but after making the homemade laundry soap (powdered not liquid) I discovered that instead of buying new bars of Ivory for the recipe, I can collect the slivers we all get in the shower. I collected enough to make one bar, added this instead of a new bar to my recipe and it worked just as well. I have been looking for something to do with those little slivers!

Happy Trails!

Rachael
Farmgirl Sister #535

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2009 :  10:50:30 PM  Show Profile
Yep..works great. I have saved the little slivers shaved off the sides of homemade soap, when making them look nice for sale and saved them for this use too. Don't you love it when something cool like that happens! Farmgirl smarts!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2009 :  11:18:22 AM  Show Profile
Well, you clever duck! That is definitely farmgirl thrift!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cowgirlandboys
True Blue Farmgirl

308 Posts

Rachael
Missouri
USA
308 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  05:24:25 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad I decided to make my own. It works as well as any name brand I have tried and I have really enjoyed the smell, not having to recycle a ton of laundry soap containers, and saving my money for more issues of Maryjane! I think this would be a great project for the fod bank too. Later this summer we might make up batches of laundry soap to donate to the food bank. I was thinking we could copy the recipe and tape it on the outside with where to get the supplies locally so they can make some more of thier own. That would be fun.

Happy Trails!

Rachael
Farmgirl Sister #535
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  06:11:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
You had better check with the food bank first, they might not be able to accept it if it is packaged.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

cowgirlandboys
True Blue Farmgirl

308 Posts

Rachael
Missouri
USA
308 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  08:17:23 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Theresa. Our food bank is awesome and will accept whatever we are willing to donate. They are serving 3x as many people as usual so they are needing as much help as possible. Thanks for the warning though. I know so many foodbanks have to be picky about what they accept.

Happy Trails!

Rachael
Farmgirl Sister #535
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  06:11:19 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Rachel, what a great idea! I should check and see if mine will accept it too! Thanks for posting!

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page
  Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Homemade Laundy soap-- even cheaper Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page