Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 new gate and broken water pipe to well
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic new gate and broken water pipe to well Next Topic  

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  10:11:38 AM  Show Profile
Well Hi to everyone! Yesterday was a busy day for us. Went over to the pecan orchard to find out that a neighbor had been using a patch of our poperty to drive his truck through it. Using it as a shortcut to his place. Therefore breaking the pipe to the water well. So hubby fixed the pipe and then we put in posts and a heaveyduty gate and locked it. We talked to our neighbor so maybe this won't happwn again. Ya'll have a great day.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  10:45:08 AM  Show Profile
Well, what a bad neighbor. I bet that set ya'll back a pretty penny or two. I hope ya'll got it all waorked out and it doesn't happen again.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  3:05:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kris Hopefully it willl all work out. My son-law had several brandnew heavy duty gates. So that didn't cost us a thing. With the pipes and such along with the woodenposts it cost us around $50.00. Not to bad uh. Just time consuming but worth it.
Laurie

Go to Top of Page

pamcook
True Blue Farmgirl

228 Posts

Pam
Chapel Hill NC
USA
228 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  5:23:41 PM  Show Profile
Fences and heavy duty gates make good neighbors...

www.ikat.org
www.longaberger.com/pamcook
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  7:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh that is horrible! I am glad it was a cheap fix- but that wasn't very nice of your neighbor! Did you tell him he had damaged your property?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  09:46:44 AM  Show Profile
Alee, Oh yes we told him that there was damage done. But he's not going to do anything about. It's to bad for him because he seemed to be very nice. We'll just leave him alone. We tried being nice to him in the past but oh well-so -be-it. Have a great day. I will to.
Laurie

Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  10:35:06 AM  Show Profile
I feel your aggravation, Laurie, with your neighbor! A neighbor's indifference can make you just want to slap a body! We live on a 2 mile, one-lane, private road that is shared by around 12 other neighbors. The county won't take over the road until we get it to their specs, holding us to a higher standard than they hold themselves, and can't guarantee when they'd get the gravel laid once we did get it up to spec. The whole thing could wash out before they'd get out here to finish the job.

We had our house on the market and received a lot of feedback about that chert road, so we bit the bullet and took out a loan to have some road work done and tar and gravel laid. We were hoping the neighbors would contribute towards the project so we wouldn't have to borrow as much (the hubs HATES doing anything on credit). Only a few actually did contribute. A few made promises to give when they got this check or another then never did. And the last few simply refused. And they were the ones who gave us grief when the work was being done because they'd have to sit and wait until the equipment could be moved out of the way! Helloooo!!! One-lane road!!!! Ugh, so aggravating! Everytime I pass one of those neighbors on the road it takes all my self-control not to give them a one-finger wave!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  7:42:48 PM  Show Profile
Cherry, some neighbors can be aggravating. My hubby hates to put anything on credit also. Well is the road completed now? It's to bad that some neighbors just don't want to help. With neighbors like that we just have to overwhelm them with a ton of kindness.
Laurie

Go to Top of Page

pamcook
True Blue Farmgirl

228 Posts

Pam
Chapel Hill NC
USA
228 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  11:22:18 AM  Show Profile
We live on a gravel road - "dedicated right of way" is what the county calls it. Our grown men neighbors will stand in the yard and watch my husband dump gravel and rake it out without even a thought of helping. The folks across the road from us said they were putting a new home on their beach property - otherwise, they'd have given us some money. Hel-lo? Of course, we've been neighbors for 19 years and none of them have ever contributed. We appreciate that the neighbors are at least honest people and don't complain about my husbands collection of pick up trucks :)

www.ikat.org
www.longaberger.com/pamcook
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic new gate and broken water pipe to well Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page