Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Anybody had Lyme disease?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Anybody had Lyme disease? Next Topic  

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  11:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Does it always have a rash associated with it? I don't find one. But I sure have every other single solitary symptom....last Saturday, I had major chills and fever. I've had such back pain and joint aches, I made an appointment with another doc to adjust my back. I've had headaches. I never get sick, so it's hard for me to zero in on this stuff. The Saturday episode was like having the flu. I think I had a low grade fever last night, too. I'm going to see a nurse practitioner in a little while.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  12:36:34 PM  Show Profile
Janice, please let me know what's going on after you see the doc. I guess they will have to do blood tests, right? Please make sure to be specific about your tick issue.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  1:30:46 PM  Show Profile
I got it about 10 years ago. Joint pain, exaustion and fever were my biggest problems. I didn't get a rash but had a large swollen area where the tick bite was. I was on antibiotics for quite some time but never had any long term problems.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  3:43:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Janice, no some people do not get a rash. the bullseye rash is common, but not always. You do need to get checked ASAP. Hope you are soon feeling better. please keep us posted on what the doc says. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  4:20:43 PM  Show Profile
My husband had it a few years ago and only had a small rash but then we caught it really really quick. The bite area was pretty nasty looking and he felt like he had a bad case of the flu. Hope you feel better soon!!!
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  07:07:24 AM  Show Profile
Hey Janice my hubby had rocky mountain spotted fever last year (not fun) anyway they found it with a blood test and he took many antibiotics. the sooner you catch it the better. The symptoms of lymes disease are very similar to RMSTF and there are a lot of false negatives to lymes. It is very hard to detect and the Dr.s are still not sure it might have been that, that he had. Because his body was fighting so hard on the tick fever he ended up with epstien barr virus and now he has a nerve disorder in his legs and feet that we can't get to the bottom of. He is off work right now until we can find some medicine that will help him with the pain.(Horrible Horrible pain) No real cure in sight. So I guess the moral of the story is get it checked out and get on the meds ASAP the sooner the better. And keep up with the follow through. It is NOT fun!!! Hope this helps.
Also, the lilies I got from you last year are doing great!! Thanks so much!

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  07:09:00 AM  Show Profile
P.S. Hubby never had a rash or a bulls eye. Just a hard red lump. Also my two dogs tested positive for lymes last summer and I almost lost my Old Lab. They are both good now.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  09:06:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What about Haunta Virus? I know you are remodeling the old farmhouse and I suppose you might have come in contact with mouse poo at one point or another?

Hope it just turns out to be flu or something *hugs* Feel better soon!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Anybody had Lyme disease? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page