Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Embroidered Quilt Square Project
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Embroidered Quilt Square Project Next Topic  

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  3:20:22 PM  Show Profile
MaryJanesFarm Farmgirl Chapter Leaders,

I hope you'll consider participating in the quilt square project! The square is 12”with a ¼-inch seam allowance on all sides. You may either use a pattern or freehand embroidery to create your design. Please include your chapter name, location, and members’ names. Create and embellish your square to suit your fancy!
MaryJane asks that everyone use DMC (or similar) brand red color #498 embroidery thread, #304 red as a second choice. MaryJane usually separates out two of the six threads to use for embroidering.

Following are two excerpts from MaryJane’s Ideabook, Cookbook, Lifebook for the farmgirl in all of us:

Freehand Embroidery – page 242. “Freehand” means all you need for this style of embroidery is a hoop, a needle, some embroidery thread, and some fabric. Rather than follow a pattern, you become an artist. Your freehand letters will take on an old-fashioned look and give you the freedom to use your own quotes, outlines and sayings.”

Redwork – page 243. “My mother’s favorite type of embroidery is called “redwork.” When German-speaking immigrants came to our country and settled in Pennsylvania and Ohio, they brought their love of redwork with them. Patterns for redwork are now commonly available in craft stores. My mother made this schoolgirl from a pattern made by Lakadaisies,
www.lakadaisies.com.” (see the picture on page 243)

When you’re finished, you'll send your quilt square back to the farm. We’ll add red borders to your squares, which will surround a center MaryJanesFarm square. MaryJane will proudly take the finished quilt along on her book signings and other appearances. Farmgirls at heart everywhere will be inspired by your lovely artwork!

Please send an e-mail to cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org to join in this old-fashioned stitching project. I'll mail your square promptly so you can get started!
sunnily yours,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  3:33:21 PM  Show Profile
The Southern Fried Farmgirls are all a flutter with excitement.....our first chapter project!!

Thankyou Cindylou and MaryJane!

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  4:06:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Catherine!!
Your quilt square is on the way and should arrive on your doorstep soon! Thank YOU for YOUR creativity!!
I roasted a chicken on Wednesday ~ all the time thinking how good it would be to have it Southern fried the way my grandmother (orginally from Tennessee) served it up ~ I'm sure glad I grew up when I did!!
sunnily yours,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  4:15:54 PM  Show Profile
Great idea!! I am in embroidery mode big time right now....I love this!!!
Count us rural Utah farmgirls in!!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  4:22:54 PM  Show Profile

Hi Jenny! I'll send your quilt square out next week ~ thanks for joining in the fun!! Have a great weekend!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  1:08:52 PM  Show Profile
Our Copper Feather farmgirls are meeting March 5, and we'd LOVE to participate!

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2006 :  11:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
The Fab Farm Femmes have had a tough time finding members 'cept for ourselves, but we would love to do a block together..count us in!!
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  10:44:32 AM  Show Profile

Diane and Libbie ~
I'm pleased to hear that the Copper Feather Farmgirls and the Fabulous Farm Femmes will soon merrily be embroidering a quilt square! I purchased more material this morning. Julie Bell and I will cut the squares and I'll mail them out tomorrow!! Thanks for your enthusiasm!!
Today it's ~ snowily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  1:02:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cindylou, Count the Forgotten Corner Farm Girls in. See ya next month. Hope my driveway is ice free by then. Had quite a ride down it this afternoon : ) JoAnn

I've always been called a dreamer, but I never listened. I did what others dare not do--lived my dream while they watched. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  1:17:10 PM  Show Profile

Hey Mountain Girl!! Welcome to the Farmgirl Connection Forum!! I'm tickled to hear that the Forgotten Corner Farmgirls will embroider a quilt square!! I've been thinking about you! I'm looking forward to visiting next month! It's snowing here now ~ sounds like you could use a pair of ice skates to go down and check your mailbox!
Be sure to say hello to the "other JoAnn," too!!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  09:04:40 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Cindylou - I'll be on the lookout for the square to have for our 3/5 meeting! What a great idea!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2006 :  10:55:49 AM  Show Profile
CindyLou, I got my square for the Siterhood of the Traveling Art. We have too many members to list on the square, so I guess I'll just say something like from the ladies of...This weekend I'm going to run out and get the right color thread. I think I have an idea of ewhat I'm going to embroiber.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2006 :  12:05:20 PM  Show Profile

Libbie ~ I mailed your quilt square yesterday, so it will land on your doorstep soon! Have fun stitching at your meeting!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2006 :  12:08:31 PM  Show Profile

Hi Melissa,
I mailed your quilt square yesterday. Yes, that sounds like the perfect solution since you have so many members located all over the place. Have fun creating your design!!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2006 :  08:41:02 AM  Show Profile
Cindylou - I mailed our chapter quilt square this morning, and sent it by express. Since this is Thursday, they quaranteed it in two days, and it may arrive on Saturday! I do not know of anyone is there on Saturday. But I am giving it my best shot. If you are finished putting the quilt together, that is okay! I know I was late, and I hate being late! Just wanted to let you know and I thank you for the extra extension of time you gave to us.

Jeannie

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2006 :  11:15:19 AM  Show Profile

Hi Jeannie,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to add your creative embroidery to the chapter quilt! I can't wait to see your quilt square! I will keep my eyes on the mailbox like a hawk!
The finished quilt is going to be bee-utiful! I'll be sure to have Carol post photos so all the "farmgirls at heart" can admire it!
Wishing you could be here for Farm Fair!!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2006 :  2:06:40 PM  Show Profile
Cinylou - you are the best. Really! Our square is ultra simplistic because of the quickie time in embroidering, but at least we will be included if it arrives in time. Once again, if it is too late, I will understand.

Wish I could be there to visit also! I know it is in the cards for someday!
Jeannie

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2006 :  2:19:39 PM  Show Profile
I can hardly wait to see the finished quilt. I just know it will be fantastic!! What a fun idea!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Embroidered Quilt Square Project Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page