RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  09:10:47 AM  Show Profile
First to the garden. All my lettuce died! Nine heads, all curled up, turned brown, and died. I think our 100 degree weather was just too much for them. I did my best to keep them cool, but being new to gardening, I don't know how else I could have saved them. So I put some carrots in, along with some garlic that I had sprouting in the cupboard In the flower garden, all the Cosmos seeds and the Marigold seeds are super tall and starting to bloom. And the Geraniums are crazy wild. I guess I found what will grow out here!

And to my life. I am applying for a job today. A real job, my first in 8 years. It's a Receptionist for a Veterinarian, which is what I did before staying home with my kids. I have the option of part or full time, and I think I'll take full time. I'm tired of other people's kids, I'm tired of my own kids, I'm tired of my day care parents dictating my schedule, I'm tired of being broke constantly, I'm tired of being under-utilized. And I'm afraid if I take part time, it won't be worth the effort. Full time scares me, but I might as well take it since a good job is hard to find, right? It includes Saturdays until noon. It would be a shock to my system, my family's system, but I think it's time. The woman didn't seem fazed in the least that I haven't worked in 8 years, she was down to earth and to the point and boy did I like that. I hate people wasting my time! And a vet clinic=discounted kitty care, lol!
NOW, I just need some Farmgirl luck to snag this job. It's out in the country, large and small animal. I'm so excited, I can't even wait to fax my resume...I'm hand delivering it this afternoon!

Change is in the air~but I found that I had to turn the fan on myself.

*I've got stars in my eyes and exactly $1 in my pocket!*

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  09:24:26 AM  Show Profile
CHANGE IS GOOD! You go Leslie!

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  09:37:51 AM  Show Profile
Good for you Leslie. Make it happen!! MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  09:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
And you sound like a woman ready for change! Good luck and positive energy!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  10:28:42 AM  Show Profile
Just found out that I'm losing one of my part time day care girls next month, to preschool. I knew that was coming. I've done nothing but sit around and think this last month, think about what is my path? It's like I have super clarity lately.

AND, step 2 was finding after school care for my 8 yr old. SO important, the woman I talked to about the job said they don't/won't tolerate child care problems anymore. I heard that loud and clear, and I've used that as my stumbling block for years and years. So, I applied for the wonderful after school program at the elementary school, which always has a waiting list for the following year, and OMG, it was too easy. I picked up the paperwork this morning at 8, filled it out over breakfast, turned it in and paid the fee at 10, and he's IN for the next school year! Which means he has care until 6 pm if needed every week day!

I'm off to create a cover letter for my resume! I hope I get this job! Thank you for the positive vibes, I so need them {{Hugs}}

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  11:05:18 AM  Show Profile
Well done Leslie, when we make the first move that is right for us, the rest follows.
Congratulation on all the steps you took.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  11:08:40 AM  Show Profile
GoodLuck!!!!

Praying you get the job,
Tina
Farmgirl#455
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  1:39:42 PM  Show Profile
Leslie, good luck! I always wanted to work for a vet. I wanted to be one til I found out how much school there was.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  1:58:50 PM  Show Profile
Good luck Leslie. Hope you get that job.

Madelynne

johnandmadelynne.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  5:27:17 PM  Show Profile
Well poop, they hired a full timer THIS MORNING. The woman I talked to was happy to meet me and will call me if one the their three new receptionists don't work out. :( I'm always a day late and a dollar short, I tell ya.

BUT I won't be set back!

I'll continue to keep my eyes and ears open. There is more to my life than wiping other people's babies butts, and I'm going to find out what and where! Here's hoping one of those 'other' girls hates the job, lol. Thanks girls!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  6:59:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
*hugs* Too bad you didn't get that job- but at least you have the after school care lined up so you have more options for job hunting now!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  9:46:34 PM  Show Profile
Hey Leslie--I'm in the same boat. I've been looking for a job (much less a career) for almost 2 years. In the meantime, there are all sorts of crazy, creative things I've been up to so I can keep myself afloat.

I know something is around the corner for you!
Hugs!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And *NEW* Blogs:
Life: www.wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com
art/dolls: www.wildatheartart.blogspot.com
Plan to save America the old fashioned way!
http://wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com/2009/05/big-project.html
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  11:22:15 PM  Show Profile
I just know something just right for you will turn up Leslie!
I did day care for years and years..but every few years I tended to take a break and get a different job for a year or so..waitress, elderly care, housecleaning and like that and then I was ready to come back to it. I have been away from doing daycare for quite some time now (7 years) and although I know I will likely do it again someday I am enjoying (alot) subbing at the local elementary school. In some states (like ours) you don't need a degree to sub in the lower grades..just experience working with kids and alot of references. There are subs for aides at school too..that may be something you could do temporarily. I have subbed the past 3 school years..and now work 4 hours a day as an aide (reading tutor) in special ed.
A vet office would be awesome...you never know...like you said...one of the new hires may not love the job after just a short time. Smart of you to get the after school care all set up!
Good luck!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Making Some Changes... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page