kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  07:33:06 AM  Show Profile
Kansas' momma is not feeling well this morning so she's been helping me here. We milked the goats and fed them some brand new hay and fed the chickens and gathered some eggs from out back. Finally got to eat. So somewhere in between all that she found a worm. She's at the table and asks what worms do and what do they eat. SO I was telling her all about how they break down the dirt and how if we were to put worms in the compost they would eat all the scraps and make the most beautiful dirt for the gardens. So we got a small box and put a big container of compost stuff in it and went worm hunting. She said she was so happy I was going to hunt worms with her. She loves worms. So we went out to the chicken yard and turned over rocks and looked under the water buckets and found tons of big long worms. We put the box in a corner in the milk room. I sprinkled them with a little water, too. I'll check on them in a few days. So we have had a busy morning already.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  08:22:28 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful memory you made for her, Kris! Worm hunting is the best! And don't you love it when they're all inquisitive? Before they think they know everything there is to know about anything? And a simple, little thing like worm hunting makes them so happy!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  08:45:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
They like chopped up banana peels :)

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Kansas and the worms... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page