CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  08:02:52 AM  Show Profile
o.k. farmgirl friends .. i'm attempting to make some 'carrots' for those easter bunnies and baskets. i'm winging this as i go along .. and if they come out 'turrible' .. i'm gonna' say NEVER MIND! at the end of these postings. here's a triagle shape i cut out .. and then used it to make a buncha' carrot shapes .. using an olde time-worn quilt (same one i used for the 'bunny eggs') ... sometimes it is really worth what might seem 'high' for a tattered quilt .. if the fabric has enough 'redeeming chunks' to create with!

RIT ORANGE dye .. (i thought i would end up 'muting' it down a little by adding some 'tan' or dunking it into 'tan' dye .. we'll see .. when it dries! so far .. wet .. i'm liking the shade though!

here they are all wet and drying!
now .. i gotta' tell you .. turning that thick quilt fabric was a tad challenging .. but can be done .. if you decide to make some of these .. use a thinner fabric too .. i'm gonna' try that and will show you pics when i've done it!

=====================

JOHANNA
while waiting for the dye to 'take' i grabbed a little snippet of that quilt and made a dress for 'nuther dollie .. her apron is from a vintage victorian 'pantaloons' .. it is a portion of the leg and the trim is where the ankle was. it was tattered or i could never have cut it up!

after the 'cawwotts' dry .. i'll stuff them and gather the top and hmmmmm .. haven't quite decided about the 'greenery' .. but i did get some rit GREEN dye .. might just do some more of the quiltie strips and use those. ... to be continued!

hope some of you will adapt your own pattern from the picture and make some of these and share your ideas! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  10:40:43 AM  Show Profile
The carrots are so great!

I love Johanna's hair. What a doll.

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  11:32:55 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,
Looks like the carrots are going to be a success, what will you think up next!! Looking forward to getting my box from you, I also ordered, as part of my order from rusty paula some of her eggs. All together now looks like a good Easter comming up.
xx nancy jo
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  12:10:41 PM  Show Profile
i got some of those great eggs from paula too! fabric is almost dry and i'm looking around for some other olde fabric to dye orange! such fun!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

fairview tx
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  12:24:44 PM  Show Profile
Ok - newbie question ---- who's paula???
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  12:49:26 PM  Show Profile
Sandi
Paula is also known as Rusty Pin. paula has only been with us for about a week. She has a gift shop and is a good friend of frannies. Go to welcome wagon and go back a few days you will find her.
Nancy Jo
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

fairview tx
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  12:58:02 PM  Show Profile
thanks, Nancy - just visited her site! having way too much fun since joining this site - so many cute things to look at!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  7:45:07 PM  Show Profile
lordy! i almost burnt those carrots to a crisp! they weren't 'quite dry' .. soooooo .. i put them in the microwave .. thank goodness i didn't leave the kitchen .. cuz' sparks and flames starting shooting up in the microwave! but i caught it in time .. NO MORE MICROWAVE DRYING!!!!!!!!!!! XOXO

i did cut out a dozen more of those little 'bunny eggs' .. these i'll call: "pocket bunnies" .. cuz i want to make some little aprons and tuck them in the pockets .. or .. they will be just cute for a child to tuck into their pocket! look for Pocket Bunnies .. i'll post the pattern there! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  10:07:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Maybe drying with a hair dryer or the steam iron (no steam) would be safer, Frannie!!

Talk about Cooked Carrots!!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  04:29:10 AM  Show Profile
sandi
yep, everyday, several times a day I check this site to see what is going on. Had to start a farm girl file because I print so much stuff off. ORDERED DOLLS FROM fRANNIE, APRON FROM AUNT jENNY, SEVERAL THINGS FROM PAULA. LIKE YOU SAID JUST TO MUCH FUN!!One of these days I want to try some of Mary Jane's food line, but Iam such a fussy eater I'am not sure what to pick. Got to get going, all the kids, big and little will be here today, so lots of cooking, try and get the most of it done early on.
Nancy Jo
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  05:32:15 AM  Show Profile
oh nancy jo gurlfren .. everything i have ordered from maryjane is so delicious! start with those 'attitude bars' .. oh yummmmmm! i carry them with me everywhere i go .. they are FABULOUS for quick 'sugar-uppers' for me (diabetic) .. just the right amount of carbs to raise me a little but not to spike me!

and the bakeovers .. YOU CHOOSE what fruits or veggies that you like .. and simply use the mix to 'top' or 'bottom' it with! i promise ... even the pickiest eater will enjoy them. remember the commercial that sez: try it! you'll like it! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic 'cawwotts' Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page