Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Egyptian Event Winners of Get of Sire!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Egyptian Event Winners of Get of Sire! Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  2:32:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Get of Sire is a huge class to win. I really showcases the quality of foals that a sire produces. Infinite is the sire:

And two of his fillies were shown:

RHR Qatr Alnada

and

RHR Surra Mn Raa

Infinite's website is www.hsinfinite.com

The fillies are yearlings now and those are their baby pictures. Bryony Hatt the ranch manager has been working so hard on them. They are so gorgeous! They looks so nice, like little horses! Some yearlings go through a gawky stage and these girls are so refined already! I can't glow enough about them! I am so happy for them!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  8:09:40 PM  Show Profile
Just wondering, do they shave their faces for show? If so, what's the purpose of it. I always wondered why the faces on these horses was so shiny.

Tina

You can tell your dog all of your secrets and they'll never say a word!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  9:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
During the shows, the horses get a full body clip- that is they get shaved all over except for a triangle right above the tail. One reason is that is makes them look very polished and pretty (no messy coats etc) they are easier to clean, and it really shows the underlying bone structure. When we take pictures of the babies we shave their faces to show the bone structure as that is when their faces look the most like they will (bone structure wise) as they will when they are adults. As they get older they get fat deposits in their face that changes how they look and then as they get even older they "dry out" where the fat deposits go away.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  2:42:23 PM  Show Profile
Congrats!!!!
I have been trying to watch the show online while we are in the truck. Have to be in good service to see it. Ugh!
Keep me posted on the winnings!
Hugs!

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  2:48:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tina,
We don't normally shave our babies at our farm but we did one this year. We shaved our colt from the shoulder up so we could see how dishy his head was and what his throatlatch and neck looked like. With all the fuzzy hair it is hard to tell. If we go to the show we do shave though! It is a lot of work to bodyclip a horse. We did two of our 2 yr old for a show in Jan and it took all day to do it.

Farmgirl Sister #561
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  3:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes, body clipping does take forever! It's not really my favorite thing!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  5:34:36 PM  Show Profile
That is a beautiful horse. I love how long the mane is and it blowing in the wind is so pretty. And the girls are so cute. Thay so look like sea horses to me.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  7:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kris- many people make that observation about Arabian horses. I love them so much.

Infinite was in Stallion Showcase today and he just shone like a diamond! He is so beautiful. His tail was sweeping the ground and his mane is so long it brushes the tops of his legs. I bet his mane is at least 2 foot long if not longer! No kidding! That boy loves to grow hair! The man showing him was from the UK and did a fantastic job. It's not easy to run along side a trotting horse that is as big and bold as Infinite but Wow! They sure trotted and pranced around the arena. Stallion Showcase is really important too so that people get to see the Stallions at their best and in comparison to the other stallions. I might be a bit partial but I think he was the best of the lot! They are supposed to be uploading the videos to the internet. I will give you all a link when they are loaded, but I think there might be a $2 fee to see each class.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  8:59:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jennifer and Alee,
When you both said that you shave them, I have been trying to imagine all the work involved. And I thought stripping terriers for show was work!! Are they shaved all the way to the skin, like with a surgical blade? I'm just trying to get this final picture in my head. They are beautiful but that's a tremendous amount of work, WOW. Just wondering.
Tina

www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  10:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
No, they aren't shaved all the way down to their skin. Arabians have black skin, so if they got surgically shaved, they would loose their coat color until their coat regrew. But they do get a buzz clip. I will have to ask Bry (Farm Manager) what number they use on the clipper blades to give you an idea. But it really makes them look spiffy and polished! We have a filly that is going to be looked at in a couple of weeks and have been thinking about clipping her because she has really long hair- almost like a winter coat still (some yearlings do that- they don't really get "summer" coats as well as older horses do). So she just looks shaggy- even though it is thined for summer. I think her belly coat is almost 3 inches long!

If you have a good horse that stands for clipping, the biggest wear and tear is on your hands and arms. But clipping foals and yearlings can be interesting because they are still getting used to the idea. We imprint our foals, but they still can have their moments.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  09:52:18 AM  Show Profile
When we clip our horse we use a #10 and a # 40 blade. 40 being the closer shave. We use the 40 for clipping in the ears and around the muzzle and eyes. It takes some practice too. I remembered when I first did it I too close in some spots
My DH is amazed when I clip Party Favor for a dressage show. I only clip her feathers on her feet and her whiskers and ears. I can get on the ground underneath her and she never even moves. She is a wonderful girl.

Farmgirl Sister #561
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  09:56:55 AM  Show Profile
Hmmm, I'd never seen the babies clipped like that but it's a good idea. Infinite is gorgeous but I bet he has a lot of 'presence'!! Body clipping does take a long time. I'll leave that joy to others, thank you very much! :-)

I'm a Polish Arab fan...right after Appaloosas! :-)

Winona :-)

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  10:38:09 AM  Show Profile
Well, the #10 blade explains it much better. Since the #40 blade is considered a surgical blade in the dog world, I was imaging the horses were "skinned". I just couldn't imagine that would look very pretty. A #10 blade would make the hair much smoother without lines showing up. It would still be an awful lot of work preparing just one horse for show let alone several. I'm glad both of you enjoy doing it - I'll just watch the show by the side lines. I've seen pictures of Miniature Horses groomed for show as well and they're probably groomed the same way I think. It's very interesting learning about these horses as someone I know has a few of them but no longer shows them. I hope you post some more pictures soon.

Tina

www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  10:46:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
If you want to register for a website you can watch some of the videos from the Egyptian Event for free and if you log on at the right time- you can watch a live feed of the classes.
www.iequine.com

I don't know why the stored videos are so choppy. They might be having a lot of people viewing them and so be low on bandwidth right now. *shrugs* Anyway, Nada and Surra are of course in the Get of Sire class, and also the World Class Fillies 1 Year Old class (I think class 21?) and then there was also another class in the evenings of Straight Egyptian 1 and 2 year old fillies that Surra was in, and Infinite is in the Stallion Showcase. I am not sure if they are showing him in Halter or not today. If you can watch the Stallion Showcase once they load it- it is really great! Infinite had amazing presence and movement! I wish it has been judged!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  6:36:10 PM  Show Profile
About the body clipping, when I used to show quite a bit very heavily, I would body clip at least a week ahead of time of the show. That way, any boo-boos or lines would have a chance to grow out and even up. Even if I had to make small clips here and there, it wasn't a last minute project to do. When I booted a horse, I got them very close, skinned, almost so the boot was good for a couple of weeks at least. Just had to keep them clean with using a lot of wood shavings and keeping the stalls immaculate.

Forgot to say, I like any of the 'Fire' Polish Arab lines. My filly was by EJ Pinyon but I lost her in the divorce. I still miss her.

Winona :-)

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  7:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Winona- Yes the "Fire" lines are nice(like Bey Afire), unfortunatly I am not very familiar with the polish lines but rather the Egyptian.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  9:05:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Winona,
I have a beautiful mare named Party Favor. She is a purebred Arabian but she is part Polish. Her grandsire is Huckleberry Bey. Which is the Varian bred arabians. I just love her. She is the one I can sit under and clip her feet.

Farmgirl Sister #561
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  7:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
*drools over Get of Sire* Oh my gosh .... He is absolutely positively gorgeous. I can't wait to see how his babies grow up!

~~~~
http://nightbirdtrading.etsy.com
http://www.stevietribute.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  10:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Brooke- I have his first born 2 year old daughter- Tala. I have a few pictures of her posted here on the site- though she is just in "pasture condition" and not very clean in some of them, so you will have to look past the grime. Let me go nab a picture of one of the yearlings from a different site that were in the show. They look fabulous!

Here is one of his yearlings at the Egyptian Event:
http://www.straightegyptians.com/forum2/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=97831

And Infinite is so sweet and wonderful. I can't wait to see how my Tala turns out!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com

Edited by - Alee on Jun 12 2009 10:05:02 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Egyptian Event Winners of Get of Sire! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page