Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Does anyone use a Staber washing machine?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Does anyone use a Staber washing machine? Next Topic  

Mrs Tiggywinkle
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Sara
Spokane WA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  9:54:23 PM  Show Profile
I've been interested in these for quite a while now- and now they have a dryer. I'm waiting for my old washer to give up the ghost.
What I like is:
Made in the US
Saves energy & water & detergent
Easily repaired
Large loads

http://www.staber.com/Residential.htm

But I'd love to hear if someone's actually GOT one!

Sara

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  12:02:12 PM  Show Profile
I don't have one, but being on a cesspool (don't you HATE that word!) system - not even a sepic tank, the "saves evergy, water and detergent" part interests me, too. I'd love to hear of any stories, as well.

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2006 :  08:51:39 AM  Show Profile
Isn't it possible to use the "gray water" from a washing machine to water a garden, thereby keeping it out of a septic system?

Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein

Edited by - quilt8305 on Feb 12 2006 08:52:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2006 :  11:48:14 AM  Show Profile
Mary, I believe that it is, and that is really the way I should take it, but when we moved in, the washer drain was routed to the cesspool, and I've just not the "gumption" to change it! I DID, however, drain the mudroom sink in to the yard, and that helps a bit.

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  1:50:43 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to bump this up!! I am going to buy a new washer this fall.

Has anyone tried the Staber?

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  09:27:02 AM  Show Profile
I don't know much about Staber, I have a maytag front loader...love it....I do LOTS of laundry with four little girls and a messy husband. My energy bill went down, I use alot less soap. I use alot less water too. 44 gallons for my older washer, and 17 gallons with the new washer.
The upfront cost is high, over a thousand dollars...but for me it paid for it's self in just a year.
Kate
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  10:23:12 AM  Show Profile
I don't get it. Is it like a front loader that you load from the top? Those doors look like something that would break all the time to me.

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority." -E. B. White

http://www.betweenthecities.com/blog/ljr/
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2006 :  05:01:00 AM  Show Profile
I have the MayTag set that are frontloading, too. I love it. The clothes don't get bruised (?) as much since they swish clockwise or oh-do technical terms!) Think of the front loader just like your dryer door - the washer on left has a door that opens right to left, and the dryer, on the right has a door that opens left to right. Very handy for transferring loads from washer to dryer. I, too, worried about fragility of the different moving parts. (There is a rumor going around my household that I tend to be a little "rough" on appliances.)

Anyway, my biggests worries were that I would break the washer door or the dryer filter (seems fragile but after 2 1/2 years I have yet to poke my hand thorugh it when scraping off the lint) and in particular the little door on top of the washer that lifts up to pour in detergent, bleach and softener. It seemed so flimsy to me and I thought for sure it would warp, or bend, or break, but again, it's still intact. So, if it is Hideaway Farmgirl-proof, not to mention using less water and detergent, gentler on clothing, large load capacity such as 5-6 pairs of jeans at a time, etc., you shouldn't worry about a front-loader. You can also use the top of the washer for a work area since you don't have to be opening up the top of the washer between loads.

If I had one complaint or comment, it would be that stooping to see inside the machine(s) might become more of a problem as we get older, but any handy fargirl can make a platform to sit them on, or some of these front-loading machines come with a platform, raising them off the floor a few more inches.

As I think of it, these would be great for those who are wheelchair bound, wouldn't they?e

Jo
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Does anyone use a Staber washing machine? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page