Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  11:14:24 AM  Show Profile
This coming Friday, my daughter and I will be heading north from Oregon, to relocate in Wa. A new chapter, a new part of this journey on earth for us. With my hubby's passing in Dec, the decision was made to move back to where my fanily is. I am excited yet there is an element of fear, though I don't want to be fearful, as it truly will be starting over. I will have to work, something I haven't had to do in 27 1/2 years, and will probably have to go back to school to get some kind of technical skill. Yikes! I have bought a new journal to start once I get up there. This will be an interesting journey! So much newness to be had! So, WA farmgirls perhaps we will cross trails. I do hope once settled to find a chapter to join.
Please pray for us as we make the transition. So glad we have the Lord on our side!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  11:24:13 AM  Show Profile
Dear Julia,

I did not know that your husband passed. I am SO SORRY!

This is exciting moving back. You can be sure that I am keeping your family in prayer as you re-locate and I will be praying for the Lord's protection, provisions and strength and comfort. No fear only faith!

I think the journal is a wonderful idea. You may even want to start a blog too for fun :) Please keep us posted when you can :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  11:54:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I am sorry to hear about your husband Julia. Excited about your new chapter in life tho, good luck. What part of Washington are you moving to?

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  2:29:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Julia- where in Washington?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  3:16:08 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Julia, where in Washington. We Washington gals are on tippy toes wondering. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  6:54:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sharon for your kind words, as well as you Teresa Sue.
I will be moving to Shelton which is west of Olympia.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  10:41:39 PM  Show Profile
Julia - I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I'm excited that you're going to be a WA Farmgirl! Shelton is only a couple hours from me.

Handmade Soap & Lotion Bars http://www.therusticcottagebath.com

The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/rusticcottage
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  08:54:51 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back Julia! That's exciting for me as well - to have you move to Shelton - so close to Elma!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  6:34:37 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls, we are excited to make the move, this has been a long haul. I am glad to be moving close to family, especially my other two girls, SIL's and grandbaby.

Guess we will finally get to meet Sherri!

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  07:56:52 AM  Show Profile
We lived in Shelton back in the '60s when I was a kid. My father's family is from the Sea/Tac area - although they have had nothing to do with us since my parents got divorced. I was born at Fort Lewis and have a friend living in Tacoma. I also have another friend in Yakima. I spend 3 weeks at Fort Lewis for training and loved it up there. I almost moved up there years ago, but all of my grandchildren and children live in this area, so I'll be staying here.

Good luck to you and your daughter. I know how it is to lose your hubby and have to start over again. I got lucky and found another love, but it took a while.

I'll keep both of you in my prayers.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  7:26:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for your kind words KayB, I do appreciate it.

We are settled into my sisters home, as settled as one cone be with everything in storage, and just taking this week to regroup. Next week I will get serious with house hunting. Lots of homes for sale, lots of forclosures. I know the Lord has the right house waiting for us!

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  7:47:17 PM  Show Profile
Well, have been here for a week and a half and just hanging out. I will start looking for a house next week. Please pray that I find the right one. I truly believe the right place is out there for my daughter and I, I just have to put one foot in front of the other and do the work, and let the Lord bring it together. I do look forward to my own place so that we can really get settled. Thanks for the prayers !

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  8:21:19 PM  Show Profile
Julia,

I was just thinking about you and praying for you today. I will definitely continue to keep you in my prayers for finding the perfect home :)

I'm glad that you will be going to the Farm Fair, it will be nice for you to fellowship with some farm girls :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  8:50:41 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sharon for your prayers, they mean alot!

St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic WA State bound! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page