Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  08:07:29 AM  Show Profile
Spring cleaning is underway and I found four very farmgirly books to pass along. Prices include shipping;) All are in good or like new condition. I am open to bartering for honey and beeswax candles.

$7 Winter Wheat ($10 new plus shipping)

For this Bison Books edition, James Welch, the acclaimed author of Winter in the Blood (1986) and other novels, introduces Mildred Walker's vivid heroine, Ellen Webb, who lives in the dryland wheat country of central Montana during the early 1940s. He writes, "It is a story about growing up, becoming a woman, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, within the space of a year and a half. But what a year and a half it is!" Welch offers a brief biography of Walker, who wrote nine of her thirteen novels while living in Montana.

$12 Decorating Junk Market Style ($19.95 new plus shipping)
The JUNKMARKET Girls reveal ideas from their unique creations, product line, and media ventures. Secrets to finding good junk and how to use it for new and different purposes. Inspiration for those searching for treasure at flea markets, garage sales, attics, and dumps. Room settings illustrate decorating styles—urban industrial, country, cottage, retro, and even traditional. Ideas and how-to projects to fashion candle holders from tractor parts, repurpose carpenter’s levels as shelves, create photo holders from tennis racquet presses, make cornices from architectural molding, and much more.

$12 Cool Knits for Kids($19.95 new plus shipping)
This book not only teaches you how to knit to fit, but it also helps you make sure everything fits. You'll discover that the beauty and character of classic Scandinavian knit designs take on a contemporary look in the 25 fantastic kids' clothing featured in Cool Knits for Kids. From tiny blankets, booties and hoodies to cardigans, hats, sweaters, ponchos and scarves, the complete instructions, color illustrations and sizing charts in this book will help you create cool additions to any child's wardrobe.

$12 Knit It Felt It ($19.95 new plus shipping, small crease on corner)
This inspired array of projects has creative flair and sophisticated style. The secrets of the exciting hot felting trend are revealed in an easy-to-follow format. Make spectacular felted wearables including hats, scarves, purses, slippers and mittens or home decor items like oven mitts, hot pads, coasters, wine bottle and teapot cozies.

Edited by - Rebekka Mae on May 31 2009 4:25:29 PM

ranchmama
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Elise
Rosebud MT
USA
360 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  11:03:24 AM  Show Profile
I would be interested in the Winter Wheat book please. I'll just send you the $$.

Email for address,
Thanks!
Elise

Every Child Deserves Our Love &
A Bear of Their Own
http://ATeddyForKeeps.org

http://ranchmama.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka