Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Anyone know of a GOOD vacuum? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2006 :  08:09:56 AM  Show Profile
Wow, this topic is bringing up the most vehement responses! Seems like you all have strong feelings about your vacuums. :) I honestly don't know the make of the one I've been using for the last 3 years. It's an extra from my MIL's basement. I'm trying to talk my husband into letting me rip out the wall to wall carpet. I grew up with wood floors, and I like to damp-rag sweep them.
Is anyone out there still using an old Electrolux? My parents had one when I was a kid, probably belonged to my grandma in the 50s. It had a canister lying down on sled rails. We used to sit on it as my dad dragged it around the house. He didn't think it was fun, but we sure did! I'd love to get one of these, just for old times sake, but I don't know how practical it would be.

Go to Top of Page

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2006 :  2:05:37 PM  Show Profile
Get a heavy duty wet/dry shop vac! You can't beat it for efficiency!

If it's not illegal, unsafe, or immoral, why not try anything once? Who knows? You may come back for a second helping!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2006 :  9:47:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Amie - I had totally forgotten about the "Electrolux!" - My great aunt and uncle had one - powder blue, I'll be the same model/style as your parents'. This particular aunt and uncle had no children and were really elegant and stylish and they would go to Las Vegas to see the shows and they just seemed so different and sort of like Auntie (and Uncle) Mame to me...anyway, the Electrolux is SO part of that memory! Thanks for the fun detour in my mind...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Anyone know of a GOOD vacuum? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page