Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Now it's the U.S. Senate - SB787!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Now it's the U.S. Senate - SB787! Next Topic  

daylily
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

Chris
Newcastle CA
USA
114 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  2:58:35 PM  Show Profile
This video in this link is call "The Great Water Heist"

Time write our Senators about Senate Bill 787

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqHaUadsapc

Chris
Farmgirl Sister #346

http://refininglife.blogspot.com
http://organizedkitchen.blogspot.com
http://redeemedforapurpose.blogspot.com

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  6:54:04 PM  Show Profile
Very interesting!!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  7:53:27 PM  Show Profile
Beverlye:
I love your tag line! "Folks will know how large your sould is by the way you treat a dog:. Absolutely wonderful words, and so, so, so true.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  8:12:49 PM  Show Profile
Chris:
What a crisis this could be. I sent this to at least twenty of my friends. My senator will certainly hear from me. Thank you so much Chris, for bringing this to our/my attention. Unbelievable, but sad. Thanks for the post.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  05:57:32 AM  Show Profile
Is there any way you could tell me what this is about? I have dial-up and can't see videos, but I would love to know what this is. Thanks.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  06:07:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Basically Kris, this bill will make all water in the United States property of the federal government. All land that the water is on will be taken from private citizens and belong to the federal government. This is an insidious bill, think of the ramifications it has. It will effectivly hog tie any individual state powers because I am sure if states don't do what the feds want, they will retailiate with water usage, etc. The bill would also make it necessary for any, ANY, activities that require water usage(Farming, gardening) for you to get permission from the feds to do so. It also incudes man made ponds, everything. This is way scary if you ask me. I have already emailed my Senators(like it will do any good) to vote no and my govenor to please use her influence to defeat it.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  06:18:49 AM  Show Profile
I guess that means wells, too? That's crazy. That's just one more way for the government to be in total control over everything. And just how do they propose to keep tabs on all this? Just like the NAIS and the food safety bill, how are they going to know every little thing everyone does? It would take way too many people to control it all. I suppose they will have to put cameras up on every phone pole now just to see every move that's made. Someone might get too much water for their family then. Then they will have to build more prisons for the water thieves. Oh my, it just goes on and on with the stupidity, doesn't it?

Kris

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  06:20:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Yes, it does. It makes me so weary, everyday you hear of another way for the government to insert itself into our lives. I just wish they would leave us alone.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  11:43:00 AM  Show Profile
What if you save rain water? We made gutters on our carport. And we have enough water to water the garden...We fill about 1 5 gal trashcan everytime it rains...This is crazy...What will they want to take from us again to control us???
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  10:26:18 AM  Show Profile
I wrote to Sen Patty Murray about my opposition to it and she answered back that it is a necessary bill to protect our water. I was pretty clear in my letter that it wasn't protecting the quality of our water that was in question - as usual, she missed the point. They tried to pass a bill as part of the Salmon protection plan several years ago that included putting meters on our private wells. It nearly caused range wars in Washington and the idea was shelved for the time being. I imagine that it will rear it's ugly head again. Meter a well and charge me for water I payed to find and pay to keep up. Are they going to replace my pump if a power surge fries it? I think not. It will be "interesting" where this idea goes. Hopefully someone will have some sense and re-vamp the bill. Lets face it - control water and food and you pretty much have control over everyone and everything. I don't think they want "undependent" people as much as they claim, " that being off the grid is good for our environment, but difficult to tax and control if we are"

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  11:46:55 AM  Show Profile
People need to read the full text of the bill. Its purpose is to clarify, not change, a definition of 'waters of the United States' already in existence and being used by government agencies. It does not subrogate the rights of any State or Indian tribe. It does not apply to ground water (wells), which is covered in other legislation. Please look up the full text and be completely informed.

Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein
Only a peace between equals can last. Woodrow Wilson

Edited by - quilt8305 on Jun 13 2009 1:37:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  12:07:31 PM  Show Profile
If I mis-read the bill then I stand corrected. I must say at this juncture, that they do want to control our resources as much as possible and the idea of metering private wells in this state is far from over.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  12:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I have to agree with Sheri.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Now it's the U.S. Senate - SB787! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page