Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 I am Yasmine's daughter. I have a horse and she...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I am Yasmine's daughter. I have a horse and she... Next Topic  

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  6:11:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone,
I am Yasmine's daughter Justice.

I have 2 horses, and the other week my mom and dad were feeding my horses carrots while I was at my grandma's and my one horse named
My Lady got into my other horses space so my other horse named
Cat Cabriola kicked My Lady in the corner of her eye!
Meanwhile I was at my grandma's house still and I got a call a half hour later that My Lady was kicked in the eye! I felt so bad and my mom Yasmine said after Lady got kicked in the eye she started running around the paddock and a fast trot while blood was shooting out!
After my mom told me that over the phone, I wanted to go strait home to see Lady. But I was kinda scared to look at her eye, after it had been kicked! When I got home I put peroxcide on it and some vasoline to cover it up.
We kept the fly mask on her overnight so that in the morning the flys wouln't bite the bloody part of her eye and make it infected.
That was a week ago and now her cut is all scabed and pretty much healed.

But I still put on Vasoline on her eye every 2 days.
I am glad she is ok, and I just posted this topic because I wanted to share MY story like everybody else is posting their storys!

I am hoping to enter her in a couple walk trot shows this year!
And I am only going to do walk/trot shows because she is not a warmblood or thoroughbred. She is a 17 year old Quarter Horse and the judges would NOT like her canter (in western words 'lope')

Anyways, I hope you all liked my story and reply to me and tell me what you thought of the topic! Have any of you expierenced anything like that------ (kicking other horses in the eye when they get in their space?)?? Let me know!

God Bless,
Justice (Yasmine's daughter)

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  6:14:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh one more thing.....I did not mean to put the sad face:... next to:

"I am hoping to enter her in a couple walk trot shows this year"
I put it by mistake!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh!

Justice (yasmine's daughter)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  6:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Justice- Welcome to the forum!

Horses can be pretty pushy with each other. I have seen horses kick and bite at each other. You might want to watch the two horses together for a while to make sure the dominante one isn't getting too pushy with the other. I have also seen horses that can get down right aggressive with their herd mates and push them around until the less dominate horses are exhausted or cornered. This is dangerous behavior.

More likely though, the more dominante horse was just being greedy for carrots! I am glad the injured horse is healing so well!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  7:26:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Justice. Good job at taking care of your horse. It sounds like you went right to work and did the right thing for her. I do hope she doesn't have any permanent problem with her eye. But it sounds like you know your horse and she will be ok. And good luck with the shows. I hope ya'll win!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

faithmarie
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

faith
wappingers falls new york
USA
143 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  05:28:39 AM  Show Profile
Wow Justice you sound like a really cute, smart gal! I'm sure My Lady will be all healed by the time you enter the show!! I know you take excellent care of your animals. And when you are very attentive and concerned for your horses they will recover faster! Have a great day!... I wonder if there's a way to fix the dominating streak in that one horse?

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven
Farmgirl sister # 34
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  08:45:28 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group Justice. Sounds like you really love your horse. You asked if we had seen this behavior and yes I have. I once saw a gelding kick a younger one and break his jaw. Your Lady was hurt but sounds like she will heal well. I work at a horse Rescue and horses can get pretty aggressive over treats. We made a rule that all treats had to go in the feed dishes after one of our volunteers nearly got her thumb bitten off by a horse grabbing a treat out of her hand. It is really great to know that there are caring young ladies out there that love and care for their horses.

Farmgirl sister #572

May the force of the Horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  12:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi Justice,
I just noticed this topic. Since it's been a couple of weeks maybe your horse has her eye healed now.
I didn't see how old you are but it made me very curious. How is she doing?

Nice to meet you Justice, my name is Linda and I am also known as YarnMamma.

Your story reminded me of the horses we had in my childhood. My brother was very young when he got his very own horse. He got an old Shetland pony. She was small and slow...she refused to trot or run so that was why he got her. Andy was not going to fall off of her or get bucked off. LOL
she was so old and stubborn that she would stand still and NOT MOVE at all until she was ready. And we never knew when that would be. (Just sitting on a horse is enough for a little kid like my brother.) Anyone could pull her reigns forever and she would buldge her eyes out and pull back. But when you left her alone in time she would decide to walk where she wanted. So funny! The only dangerous thing she did was to kick right behind her when someone walked too close to her....we taught Andy, my brother and everyone else just how far around her back to walk so when she kicked she missed ya. LOL

She was so old that her name was Granny and Andy talked baby talk and called her Branny...so that was what we all called her. She never had to be tied up or fenced in because she wouldn't run or walk away too far anyway...LOL We would patiently lead Branny back to the barn when we could and she was in the mood to cooperate.

I jumped out of the way and missed her kicks so many times...but she didn't bite or anthing else, she was just a stubborn and slow. We all had fun with her.

Tell us how old you are and what you and your horses have been doing!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

"WELL BEHAVED WOMEN RARELY MAKE HISTORY"

(The Junk Gypsy)
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  12:09:15 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
P.S. As I am aging I can kind of understand old Branny's behavior! LOL sounds like me sometimes! Sometimes stubborn and slow is a good thing! LOL LOL VBG

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

"WELL BEHAVED WOMEN RARELY MAKE HISTORY"

(The Junk Gypsy)
Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  09:52:07 AM  Show Profile
Miss Linda, Thank you for replying!
Lady is much better and her eye's slice closed up! I am so happy! Thank God!
I am 10 going to be 11 in August! I loved reading your story and "Branny" (haha) sounded cute, and funny! What color is she? Let me guess...... Is she a paint or chestnut? Let me know!!!!
I will type more later! Thank you very much for replying!

God Bless!
Justice
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  5:29:31 PM  Show Profile
Justice
My turn :-) We had a shetland when I was little, my Dad won it and we lived in town!! Anyway we kept it a few years at relatives and then sold it to a nice older man. The neighbor boy would come ride Prince and wasn't always nice so one day Prince took off running with him on and went as fast as he could coming to a sudden stop at the water trough, lowered his head and dumped the kid in!!!
He left him alone after that :-)
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  3:04:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Justice,
My name is Jennifer and I raise Straight Egyptian Arabian horses. I am so glad to hear that you girl is okay. I often have to doctor my horses here at the farm for cuts and bumps. I have a filly right now that gets ran off all the time by one of the geldings. I think he likes the other filly and doesn't want her to hang out near her.
How exciting that you are going to show. I had a Quarterhorse named Mike that I took to a couple of shows and rode him in Dressage. Do you know what Dressage is? I also take my Arabians to ride in the shows and some of the judges like the warmbloods better. I don't care though. I know if my horse did a great job I am very happy and that is all that matters. The ribbon is just the icing on the cake so to speak.
Have fun with your horse and your shows and good luck.

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  4:27:52 PM  Show Profile
Justice
Be sure and let us know how you do/did!!!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I am Yasmine's daughter. I have a horse and she... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page