Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  08:20:32 AM  Show Profile
I just remembered that I can not give blood. I wish I could do that simple task that could save a life, I was injured at work and caught Hepatitius from one of my patients. He didn't know any better but 7 of my co-workers and I can no longer give blood so any of you out there who can please do, if not for your self for me. I don't need it but blood doners are in need. So please farm girls roll up your sleeves and give.. You have no idea who you may save...

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  10:29:56 AM  Show Profile
Blood donors saved my life. I had to have a blood transfusion around four years ago. I had fibroids that had gotten so bad the doctors couldn't get me to stop bleeding. They put me on several different medications to try and regulate them, but even that did not help. I lost so much blood and my blood count was so low that my doctor told me that had I not gone to the hospital when I did, (my fault, I kept putting it off) I would have been dead within two days. I ended up getting a hysterectomy as nothing else they did helped. My blood is still not right and I am still anemic, but at least I am not suffering any more. Please do it if you can, it is something wonderful to do and it is much needed and appreciated by those who have need of it.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  5:37:31 PM  Show Profile
I have never been a blood donor. Problems with anemia. Every other year I have to deal with it. My numbers sometimes drop so low that I feel like a walking zombie. If I gave blood they would have to give it back!

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  6:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Be a blood donor is so important and I am ashamed that I have always chickened out. I am such a wenie! I know getting your blood drawn doesn't hurt THAT much. I need to just buck up and do it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC