peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  06:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Okay, I need some help here soon! This is going on 3 years of a back-breaking, name calling, weed wacking nightmare! I have a small hill next to my house with a beautiful I don't know what it is flowering tree and a pine tree. I've planted a few bushes in there...lilacs etc. this isn't really a huge area unless you're trying to battle these darn weeds, grass and what have yous!

The first year I moved in everything was just "wild" on this hill...my dh being a "bachelor dad" and all...so that was the year I planted a few bushes and tried to "pull" these what have yous out!

The second year (last year) I bought mulch and laid down whatever I could find first...I'll give ya an example as to how bad this actually is! I've laid down tarps, bricks etc and have tried digging all this up...these creepy crawlies keep coming up! I pulled for the first half of the summer and then gave up and mowed!

Now here it is my third year and I am hopelessly frustrated! The grass, the weeds, the what have yous have taken over again! I've decided to put a small pond in so I'd like to be able to landscape around it someday! Are their any ideas out there for killing off these headache causing, aching hands from pulling what have yous??? Oh, I should mention...one thing coming up and trying to take over is a low ground cover type thing...pink flowers and it's starting to take over the grass up and over the hill and into my front yard!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hugs from "weedy" acres!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Weeds, grass...help!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page