Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 After a fairly long search, found yesterday!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic After a fairly long search, found yesterday! Next Topic  

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  09:14:55 AM  Show Profile
For about 2 years, I've been looking at the antique/junk stores in my area for old seed packets, and yesterday I found 4 of them, sold as a package, for under $10. They're all from the same company, so they "match", and they're in excellent shape. I have Mourning Bride, Aster, Carnation, and Zinnia seed packets (with seeds). So why am I posting this in kitchen? Well, I'm going to frame these seed packets and hang them on the wall above my countertop/below the upper cabinets!

I am so excited to find these. I've had this in mind for so long and have been keeping my eyes open for them, and yesterday there they were! I just love wandering through these stores.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  10:55:48 AM  Show Profile
YES! I love a good score! Sounds like a very fun idea framing and putting them on the wall! Post pictures!

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2006 :  04:32:53 AM  Show Profile
Woo Hoo! Congrats on the find. I love the framing idea....very farmgirlish. I'm quite impressed that you searched 2 years and never gave up. I keep a list of all my wants and I even have given the list to a friend who is a garage sale pro. So, I try to find the things on my list and after a few months have passed with no luck, I usually give up. You definitely have stick-to-itness.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2006 :  08:39:40 AM  Show Profile
Catherine, you're way too sweet. Dh calls it stubborness and when Grandpa stuck to his guns, Grandma called him "mule-headed"! I definitely like "stick-to-itness" better!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic After a fairly long search, found yesterday! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page