Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Burning Out Already Next Topic  

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  06:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
I am only midway through my second quarter here and I am already lacking motivation. It seems as if I am getting nowhere. I miss my babies, but even with a career in my future I really don't know how I am ever going to raise them alone. I don't want to deal with this. All I wanted was to be a mama with art and writting on the side. I know that what we are doing now is far better than what I ever believed the future held 2 years ago, but I still feel lost.

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/

http://musingandmuttering.blogspot.com

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  06:45:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I totally agree with you Corrine, and my heart goes out to you. I have been in the same spot as you, is is hard to raise children by yourself. I know I made compromises because of it, some I can live with, some, I still don't like. Just take it day by day, it is all you can do. I'm sending you a giant hug and I'll be thinking about you. You have a sparkley day, even if you don't want to, lol!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  07:33:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Corrine! Teresa Sue is right. Your dreams may seem very far away right now and progress is slow, but know that you are getting closer to them with every step you take! And give yourself permission to feel what you are feeling. You are not lost, but wallow in the lost feeling now. Be open to the unexpected and good things will happen to you, your perspective will change and your spirits will lift. I am praying for you!

Nothing can keep a farmgirl down for long!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  07:33:36 AM  Show Profile
Use the happiness of those babies as your homing signal, Corrine, and you will never be lost! Take a moment and write down the names of every person in your life you can turn to, who can turn to you, who'd be there for you with a single phone call or email, and every time you begin to feel alone, pull out that list and marvel at how "crowded" your life is with people who love you and you love in return! And trite, but true, keep a gratitude journal because it really does help, at the moment that you write in it and every moment when you read back through it. If you're a writer, you understand how even a few minutes of expression can free your mind and bring clarity to your current reality!

Hugs and good thoughts to you, sister!

~~Cherry~~

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  07:35:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Corrine! *hugs* You have had to make some really tough decisions for the best of your family. I think it is normal for us college students to experience some burn out, and you have the additional stress of having you kiddos be elsewhere. Maybe making a motivational board with pictures of the career you want and pictures of the kids will help?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  08:17:37 AM  Show Profile
I know where you've been, Corinne, and this is just a bump in the road. It's completely alright to feel burnt out--you're doing a lot, and you've accomplished so much, girl! All the pieces will fall into the right place and you'll be glad for this strain. I'm really proud of you, and you should be SO proud of yourself. Chin up--and treat yourself.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  6:29:15 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
thanks for being supportive. sometimes i feel as though i shouldnt feel the way i do, that being run down and discourage is somehow being ungreatful. i love the ideas of writing it down or making an encouragement collage, its easy to loose track of what your fighting for. really, i think i need to get a laptop of my own and write my story. i keep telling myself that if i could write it all out, i would be better. maybe thats a silly idea, but i've always written my way through life's problems. i feel as if i would be able to understand it if i could get it all down on paper in a logical manner.

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/

http://musingandmuttering.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  6:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Corrine- I know that you probably don't have just a spare $400 laying around, but when my laptop broke, Doug got me a really nice one for $400 at Best Buy. Perhaps you can find a good deal when you get a little windfall or some financial aid. It would probably be helpful for your school work.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  06:27:39 AM  Show Profile
Hang in their, I raised 2 sons by myself, worked full time and went to college part-time. It was very hard at times. I aways made sure 1 hour everyday was spent on the boys, So they learned to cook. I learned they were the best thing in my life. I needed to work to pay all the bills, it was easier when they started school. I also went to college when they were in school. It's hard no doupt but if I could do it anyone can..Hugs to you......you will do fine.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Burning Out Already Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page