YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2006 :  2:50:22 PM  Show Profile
I was just looking at the events being offered through our local Girl Scout council (GS Inland Empire Coucil) and see there is a visit to Maryjane's farm in July!!! How NEAT!!! The bad thing is my daughter is a Junior GS and this is for girls just a little bit older.

Can we visit the farm and have our own private tour sometime? How does that work?

Karin

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2006 :  2:52:14 PM  Show Profile
They have a farm fair in the summer where the chapters are encouraged to go check out the farm. Regardless of if I have moved by then I would be more than thrilled to meet the chapter there.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2006 :  2:56:15 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Bobbi!

That would be awesome! It's a date! (Well, as long as I don't have to work then, etc.)

How are things going? How's my pal, Halsey?

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2006 :  9:08:56 PM  Show Profile
Poor little thing is teething so badly. She is the saddest starfish in the sea these days. 2 of the cuspids are through on the bottom but totally swollen on top, and her canines are straining against her gums too.

Kaylee is ok. She's coping with Hal being gone in a weird way though, she has decided that her toy dinosaur puppet is "daddy" and if anyone touches it she gets really mad. We had some kids over the other day and one of them accidently knocked it over as she was walking by and she got so mad that I had to take her to her room to cool down.. She was yelling "no don't touch my daddy!" Its sad. She isn't usually like that, but she's just working this out in her own way I guess.

Other than that she's right as rain, I think 2 is just a bad age for this kind of transition.. Halsey seems to be pretty oblivious to the fact that he's gone, but her mouth hurts so bad that I don't think she is paying much attention to anything else.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  5:30:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Karin -

We would love for everyone to visit the farm! We have decided the best way to do so is to take a whole weekend just for gathering, so that way we can join in while we're not working on other projects. So Farm Fair it is! Farm Fair 2006 will be July 1 and 2 and there will be all sorts of antique and craft vendors, yummy foods, fun games and wonderful entertainment! So do bring your girl scouts! We would love to meet you all and it will be such fun!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic Girl Scouts to Mary Jane's... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page