Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 see my lemon cake recipe!! and one for limoncello!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic see my lemon cake recipe!! and one for limoncello! Next Topic  

napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  3:48:13 PM  Show Profile
hi everyone..i made a meyer lemon marmalade cake with fresh strawberry/balsamic sauce for a dinner party last week...it got rave reviews so i thought i would share it with all of you..
enjoy!
www.napafarmhouse1885.blogspot.com

best,
napafarmhouse1885
www.napafarmhouse1885.com

please visit my blog

farmgirl sister #179

"Whatever you can do or dream, begin it"
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Edited by - napafarmhouse1885 on May 18 2009 09:00:09 AM

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  5:58:54 PM  Show Profile
Your cake looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe and picture with us.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  11:47:00 AM  Show Profile
thanks dawn!!

best,
napafarmhouse1885

please visit my blog

farmgirl sister #179

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  3:46:39 PM  Show Profile
Diane,

That looks wonderful and so do the asparagus recipes :) Thanks for posting :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

southerngirl
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

florida
USA
24 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  7:43:58 PM  Show Profile
Diane the cake looks so beautiful. Thank you for the recipe.
Go to Top of Page

napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  08:58:48 AM  Show Profile
sharon and southerngirl..thank you so much for your kind words! if you love lemons, you should know that i just posted a recipe for homemade limoncello...the italian liqueur....really, really good...

best,
diane

best,
napafarmhouse1885

please visit my blog

farmgirl sister #179

Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  12:58:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi Diane, WOW Limoncello, 3 of my girlfriends and I went to Italy 2 different time(so far) and we limoncelloed our way thru Italy. LOL
Have you tried making it with the lemons like you get at the store, or Meyer lemons the best. The lemons they use In Italy are hugh. I also have 2 myer lemon trees coming from QVC this week, but living in Wa state they will be inside. they are smaller trees.
I love your blog
Shirley in Wa state where I dont think the weather is ever going to get better
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  5:54:36 PM  Show Profile
Wow Diane, you sure make asparagus look good. I am not much of a fan, but I'd eat yours, for sure. Can Meyer lemon trees grow in Georgia? I'd love to have a few here.

I was in Napa in 1999 for my family reunion. It was at my cousins house who lives there. We stayed at a nice hotel-Inn there. Went to a nice park for fireworks. It was July 4th weekend. It is a beautiful place. We went to the square in town, too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  6:40:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Diane....I think I died and went to heaven! Love your blog and the recipes....I LOVE asparagus and had to leave my old asparagus bed on my Iowa farm and now I have none except the store stuff which will have to do until I get a new bed going. I have never had limoncello but want to make it since I love lemons too...can I use any lemons? Living in AR now, we don't have a lot of organic or name brand items....just a Walmart....sorry to say. I have to drive 1/2 hour to get to a small farmers market...it is on my list to support and encourage more fresh markets and CSA around here but I too have retired from the corporate world...although I waited too long and got sick from all that overtime and stress but the "peace" and isolation here has truly healed me....now I just need to start growing my own food again. Thank you so much for your wonderful and inspiring blog and if I could afford CA I would be out there just for the food alone! I will definitely be checking your blog regularly and hopefully try some of your delicious looking recipes....
P.S. My maiden name was Quintiliani! LOL! Get this....my Mother was Irish Protestant and my Father was Italian Roman Catholic and I was an only child! OMG!!! It was a VERY interesting childhood to say the least!
Again, much gratitude for your blog and your website!
Shirley...let me know how those lemon trees do from QVC...I was tempted to buy them also when they were on!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  11:57:19 PM  Show Profile
I have a sunroom, so im putting the lemon tree in there, its a dwarf one.
Sandra , I got it today and it looks pretty good, I havent read the directions yet, so dont know how many years Ill have to wait for a lemon, but maybe not to long
shirley
Go to Top of Page

napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  10:08:44 AM  Show Profile
hi shirley, sandra and kristin...first of all..thank you so, so much for your kind words regarding my blog...it truly is a labor of love...and i now know how much i enjoy writing!!

couple of answers to your questions...yes, you can use any type of lemons for your limoncello...meyer lemons are a bit sweeter, so i have suggested using a bit of orange peel to regular lemons to get closer to meyer, but it is not necessary. some readers of my blog posted ideas for "cellos" using oranges, or grapefruit, or tangerines...essentially any citrus...i have a prolific lime tree..so i am going to experiment!

i hope you all try the limoncello...i am not an expert regarding growing anything outside of california...(actually, i am not an "expert" here either..but have lived here all my life so have experience with many successes..many failures)...but hopefully others can answer the growing questions...

and sandra...i so appreciate your efforts to support small, local farmers however you can...i know how fortunate i am to be surrounding by fresh, local, in season produce year round here in california...i applaud your efforts...

best,
diane

best,
napafarmhouse1885

please visit my blog

farmgirl sister #179

Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic see my lemon cake recipe!! and one for limoncello! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page