Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Retro Linens Book!!!! Next Topic  

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  7:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
I collect the tea towels that are embroidered with the cute little kittens, bees, little dutch girls, scottie dogs, et cetera. I LOVE them!!! And now there is a book about them!!! I just ordered it and can't wait to get it... check it out!
This is a link to Amazon's website.

http://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Linens-Book-Sharing-Cherishing/dp/0740777637/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240626328&sr=8-1

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  2:59:07 PM  Show Profile
That's EllynAnne's book! She also wrote The Apron Book. You know she's one of the farmgirls, don't you? :)

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  3:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
http://www.apronmemories.com/

check this site out...it has videos of the author...I think you will enjoy it! I did!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  5:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
No, Karin, DUH I didn't know that!! How cool is that! Wow! Thanks for telling me. And Linda I'm going to see the link you posted right now! I am just so crazy about those embroidered dish towels! Thanks to both of your for sharing this with me! I have The Apron Book and I love it, but I know I'm going to love this one the best!!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  6:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
I LOVE EllynAnne's website!!! I think I've gone to linen dishcloth heaven..... Thanks, Linda!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  08:13:07 AM  Show Profile
I just ordered both the Apron book and the Linens book from Barnes and Noble. I'm so impressed with them! I love the photos and can't wait to dig into the reading as they contain history and stories connected with the different items. My daughter is loving the victorian patterns for embroidery so I will have to find more websites to get some free patterns. We got a couple of good ones and the MJF mags give them every so often. She is making stuff for her "Hope" chest. I love that!!!

carrie

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  11:37:32 AM  Show Profile
ooh I just checked out the Apron Book from the library after waiting almost two weeks for it to be transferred to the branch I go to. IT IS AWESOME!! They don't have the one about the Kitchen Linens, so I'll be saving up my pennies to be getting that one. I read the Apron Book cover to cover in a sitting! It was like an art, home ec, history, and good old fashioned ethics lessons all rolled into one. The pictures were fabulous and the aprons were awesome!
I had just found an old smock style apron at a consignment shop in town and then read her book. I can proudly say my little apron is all fixed and being well used.
She really did an amazing job with that book and I have am part of her fan page on facebook. Too wonderful! I love getting updates of where she'll be and what's going on with her tours.:D Too much fun! :)
I can hardly wait to get the linens book. Ive only heard good things about it.
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  11:39:22 AM  Show Profile
and while Im thinking on it, Has anyone read Apronisms? I've been dying to get my hands on a copy of that but the library just doesn't keep good stuff like that on hand! :)
Id love to hear what you thought of it. :D
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  11:54:51 AM  Show Profile
Jess
I have the little book 'APRONISMS" I will send it to you, you can have it.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  12:05:30 PM  Show Profile
You are too sweet, Nancy Jo! I can hardly wait!! :)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - May 02 2009 :  6:05:10 PM  Show Profile
What a great web site. Thank you for sharing it.
Tammyb
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  2:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Ladies I LOVE the Linens book. OMG I knew I would!!! I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes the Apron Book. It's just great!!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  3:52:33 PM  Show Profile
ooh I might have to be extra sweet to Hubby and see if I can talk him into fitting it into my budget..hehe. I can hardly wait to see/read it!! :D
hgus

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  4:19:03 PM  Show Profile
I've been wanting this one for a while....ColonialPatterns.com is offering a deal on it. I want it soooooo bad!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

EllynAnne
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

EllynAnne
Pueblo CO
108 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  12:57:21 PM  Show Profile
Hey! I appreciate the linen love!! xxea

Tie One On...an apron, of course!
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  6:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
EllynAnne!!!!! Hi!!! OMG, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Linens book! I have been collecting the embroidered kitchen towels for some time, I'm just sooo hooked on them. So I just treasure your book. I loved seeing your collection of towels and little potholders and some of the recipes look wonderful! Thank you so much for putting together such great books. But I'm partial to this one! Lots of Linen love to ya!!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  07:54:51 AM  Show Profile
I just added a book to my collection that you all may enjoy...it's called "The Gentle art of Domesticity"---I found it at Barnes and Noble (had a coupon, too, making it an extra sweet find!) and it's by Jane Brocket. I haven't read it through yet but it reminds me a bit of MJ's books as it is a celebration of all things domestic, both old fashioned as well as modern. It may be my companion on my long flight to Idaho this July for Farm Fair!!

carrie m

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

EllynAnne
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

EllynAnne
Pueblo CO
108 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  12:00:06 PM  Show Profile
Carol,hey! Is where you live in Maryland near Washington? I'm there the end of May, first few days of June & figure if you're not far away.... it's always such fun to meet my neighbors in the apron/linen-hood & share bits of our collections.

xxea

Tie One On...an apron, of course!
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  2:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Hey EllynAnne! Where will you be in D.C.? I live probably about 40 minutes or so from there. Let me know where you will be, please. Is it on your blog?

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  07:02:11 AM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
Fabulous! Thank you so much for this thread (no pun intended)! I also have her Aprons book and had no idea she was a Farmgirl too. :D The Kitchen Linens book will be on my Amazon wish list for sure!

~April
http://aprilsatelier.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  07:05:56 AM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
Yes, this book is an absolutely favorite of mine. She is a delight, no? There is a correction to one of the recipes, however, should you dabble in some baking. It's found on her blog here:

http://yarnstorm.blogs.com/jane_brocket/2009/03/tuesday-best-1.html

quote:
Originally posted by Carrie M

I just added a book to my collection that you all may enjoy...it's called "The Gentle art of Domesticity"---I found it at Barnes and Noble (had a coupon, too, making it an extra sweet find!) and it's by Jane Brocket. I haven't read it through yet but it reminds me a bit of MJ's books as it is a celebration of all things domestic, both old fashioned as well as modern. It may be my companion on my long flight to Idaho this July for Farm Fair!!

carrie m

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

~April
http://aprilsatelier.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  5:23:13 PM  Show Profile
Ellyanne!

I somehow missed you were a Coloradoan!!! I'm in Northern Colorado. I have your Apron Memories book, subscribe to your blog and participated in National Tie One On Day last year! How fun!

Theresa in Colorado
Proud Farmgirl Sister #124
www.thegypsysdaughter.etsy.com
www.thegypsysdaughter.blogspot.com

"I see skies of blue, clouds of white, the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night, and I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World!" ~ Louis Armstrong
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Retro Linens Book!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page