Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Your first memory of wanting to be a farmgirl
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Your first memory of wanting to be a farmgirl Next Topic
Page: of 2

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  09:52:26 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, I asked about the ballerina thing on one of my horsey boards. There are some well-known and respected hosspeople on there, mostly english and some western and they agreed. A few had tried to dance and ride and in the end had to make a decision about which one they wanted to do if they wanted to get to the higher rungs. Never thought about that. How interesting!

Winona :-)

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  2:21:06 PM  Show Profile
oh, and I have been watching Dancing with the Stars. There is a rodeo rider who is doing pretty good. I hope both of his muscle disciplines can make it! He seems so nice!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  5:10:52 PM  Show Profile
Reading through these posts, there are so many common threads! For one, the family background of farming. I, too, came from a family of farmers and I spent many summers in a cotton, soybean, or watermelon field. When I was little, like 4-7, it was my job to carry a gallon of drinking water to my grandparents and parents as they picked watermelons. Other jobs, more fun jobs, were packing cotton down in the cotton wagons and "swimming" through just harvested soybeans. I also remember shelling peas with my grandmother while she watched her "stories"! And my little brother and cousin teethed on fresh cut corn cobs, crawling around on a quilt under the mulberry tree while we shucked and cut corn. I believe the farm life becomes an imprint on our DNA, like a cell memory.

Another common thread seems to be Laura Ingalls. My sister and I used to play Little House on the Prairie at the creek behind our house while my daddy and granddaddy cut firewood. I read and re-read all of the books several times!

How interesting, all of our similarities!

~~Cherry~~

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  06:09:16 AM  Show Profile
Jeannie, that's Ty--he's a cutie. I went to school with his wife, Jewel at Interlochen. She's...not as cute :)

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  11:42:00 AM  Show Profile
I grew up right smack between Washington Dc and Baltimore. I really didn't have much experience with a farm or what it could be like. The closest i came was a field trip to a dairy farm when i was little. But it's been the last seven eight years that i have realized that you can have a farm and not have a large one but a small family farm. It's also during this time that i have gone through a lot and for health reasons would like to be in a more natural environment. I absolutely love putting in the hard work and actually getting something out of it and being around nature. Much better and more soothing to the soul then living in a city.

Karen

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Your first memory of wanting to be a farmgirl Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page