Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Country kids moving to town...help!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Country kids moving to town...help!!! Next Topic  

jillybeans
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Jill
Dufur Oregon
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  1:07:17 PM  Show Profile
Our girls' have been raised (all of their 3 and 1 years lol) out here in the country. I let them run naked(and if I can't catch them..pee) outside, they pet the cows and any other creatures they happen upon, etc etc. But we're moving to a rental this weekend in town while they finish building our new house...also in town. Granted, town is 500 people and about as country of a town as you can get, but still. Our rental has some neighbors with dogs and really creepy old guys. How do I teach the girls' that not ALL animals adore them, and that being naked and peeing outside isn't the norm? I just feel sort of sad that they'll have to become more "civilized" now, and I need advice on how to do that!

Thanks mamas!

Jill, farm-girl to my country boy, growing our roots one child at a time. Mama to two little farm-girls and one on the way!

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  1:23:33 PM  Show Profile

I'd start with having the girls wear pinnafores. a lightweight cotton bib "apron" with a full gathered skirt. gives them coverage but also "access" for quick potty trips (you could even set one of those small pottys outside for them). These outfits could be termed their "big girl dresses" or "princess outfits" whatever makes them the most desirable.

Let me know if you'd like to order these from me ($15/pinnafore plus shipping) or I could suggest a pattern, if you are sewing inclined.

By the way, Welcome to the Farm forum! You'll love the ladies you meet here!

http://www.handcraftsbyheather.com

http://handcraftsbyheather.com/blog/
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Country kids moving to town...help!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page