idsweetie72
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Sandra
New Meadows idaho
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  7:21:18 PM  Show Profile
Ok- I'm back again- flew into Boise on Monday, (with a HUGE cold and severe allergies- worst plane ride of my life)-
But the fundraising event went so well- there were over 240 women there- so just on admin tickets they made alot- yay!
And I'll be posting pics later- right now I just wanted to touch base- say hi-
so hi!

Mazy Day Farm

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  8:38:57 PM  Show Profile
Sandra, Hi, so sorry your feeling bad, hope your feeling better real soon. What type of fundraiser did you have? I'm Team Captain of our Relay For Life team "The Handmaidens" and we are currently looking for fundraising ideas. Have a great night sweetie!

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/iloveyoumom

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  04:39:11 AM  Show Profile
Mikki,
I am on our relay for life team and last year for a fundraiser we did flocking. For those of you who don't know what that is her is a brief exlpanation. We bought about 100 flamingos and people would pay us to flock someones yard. It was a hoot. I felt like I was back in high school, not that I did anything bad in high school.lol We made 2 thousnd dollars just for flocking. Everyone wanted to send the flock somewhere.

Blessings,
Tina
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  05:37:57 AM  Show Profile
Wecome back. I miss my goat friends. How are the goats anyway? Check out my thread on Barnyard Buddies and see what I've been up to this week. Need some goats???

Hope you're having a good day so far.

Kris

Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.
Go to Top of Page

idsweetie72
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Sandra
New Meadows idaho
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  8:49:59 PM  Show Profile
lol- I'm looking for 2 Boer does- but otherwise I'm good-
The fundraiser I did was for a Kids Advocacey Center, and a Womens Crisis Council- in 1992 my step-father and bio mother pled guilty to multiple charges of sexual child abuse- at the time it was the worst sexual child abuse case brought to court,(In Texas) (only because of the length and depth of the abuse- it was 17 years long of being kept away from society as well as a host of other injustices-) Actually- 16 years later the people that investigated the "crime scene" told me that my case was the only case in which they 'lost it".
I ran away 2 months from my 20 birthday, and had to learn what society was all about, (I had to start at ground zero- no education, no knowledge of the world or ANYTHING but what I was taught)
So I am one of the "Victor" stories out of the victims- so I speak at fundraisers regarding this- what happened to me happened for a reason- and I believe it was to bring hope and awareness to others-

Mazy Day Farm
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  07:43:36 AM  Show Profile
Sandra, my mom works in a women's shelter in S. Ga. You are amazing to have gone through what you did and be so strong. Good for you for getting the word out about this horrible crisis. So many people don't know what to do to get out of it. I was molested as a child but not for long. I can't imagine it going on into late teens. How did you finaly get out?

Kris

Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just got back Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page