Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Lace Curtains Next Topic  

luganlass
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Cindy
Petaluma CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  11:34:15 PM  Show Profile  Send luganlass a Yahoo! Message
Hi, I have been a member for a while but have not posted for another while. I am starting my garden and finding time to get back into this site -I am a farmgirl wanna be living in Petaluma, CA and I decided that I want lace curtains in my apartment so I found some lace at the Goodwill and if i cut it exactly in half I have 2 curtains for my bedroom. RRRRrrrrrr.... the problem is: I do not have a sewing machine and am on a major budget so thought maybe anyone could give me ideas or advice on how to sew them up. I could do it by hand but it would take a while. Or my mom said there is some kind of mending tape... ....help? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! Look forward to being around all of you again!
Gratefully, Cindy

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world". -JRR TOLKIEN

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  03:41:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Cindy,
Well, the first thought that came to mind is maybe you could barter for sewing services. . . have someone else do the sewing in exchange for something? Otherwise, I would recommend hand sewing the lace. .. the mending tape would "show" and I do not think you would be happy with the end result. ( My personal opinion )

Joanna #566
JojoNH

http://www.CountryCents.com
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  04:34:00 AM  Show Profile
Cindy,
there are curtain rods that you can buy that have a clip on them so no need for sewing. just fold over and hang. or you culd sew them buy hand. if you need help e-mail me and i can walk you througgh it.

Blessings,
Tin
Go to Top of Page

luganlass
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Cindy
Petaluma CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  9:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Send luganlass a Yahoo! Message
Thank you thank you for the ideas! I will try the rods with the rings first then try swapping someone. The problem is I can't seem to locate a local farm girl chapter and that is amazing to me. Farming is all around me, ranching, lots of creative folks around here.
Cheers! Cindy

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world". -JRR TOLKIEN
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  04:42:55 AM  Show Profile
Cindy,
Where are you in relation to New Port Beach? I am going there May 2nd through the 9th.

Blessings,
Tina
Go to Top of Page

luganlass
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Cindy
Petaluma CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  10:15:01 AM  Show Profile  Send luganlass a Yahoo! Message
Hi Tina,

Newport Beach is about 7 hours south of here. I am up north of San Francisco bay area which we consider Nor Cal. Newport Beach is "So Cal" It should be really nice there! Are you going for vacation?

Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  10:27:34 AM  Show Profile
Yes, staying a wee at the Westin on my Daughter and son-in-law. He tavels a ton and gets points and he said he was going to lose them so why not.

Blessings,
Tina
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Lace Curtains Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page