Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Help! Need feedsack size for idea!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Help! Need feedsack size for idea! Next Topic  

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  10:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
Hey farmgals, I need some help.
I had an idea yesterday to design my own feedsack. Now I need to know what size to cut it.
I printed it for a 25 lb sack but I could use a size for a 50 lb sack as well.

It doesn't show up but I used the name of my settlement as the milling company name: DeCamp Milling Co. DeCamp ILL. It really was a coal mining town in the early 1900.

Bringing the Past Back to Life
www.freewebs.com/decampsettlement

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  05:47:17 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
Could someone measure one of their feedsacks that they have so I can get the correct size? I could use 25, 50, or even 100 lb weight. I want to make personalized feedsacks.

LynnMarie

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  10:30:46 AM  Show Profile
I don't have any feed sacks but have flour sacks. They are for 20-25 pounds of flour and measure roughly: 25" L X 14" wide. Great idea Lynn Marie :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  12:48:20 PM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
That's what I meant, flour sacks. Thanks for coming to my rescue Sharon.

LynnMarie

Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  5:43:47 PM  Show Profile
LynnMarie
Mine arrived today and the measurement for 25lb sack is 25"L X 14" unfinished they are folded in half length wise and sewen on one side with approx. 1/2" seam so finished is 25"l X 131/2"w. So for 50lb I would double the length.
Do you sell flour? Very smart idea and your label is neat too.

http://cinnamongirlsthreads.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  5:52:45 PM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
No Carrie I do not sell flour but there was a thread about flour sacks so I thought it would be fun to design the logo and make my own personalized sacks.

Thanks for the measurement.

LynnMarie

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Help! Need feedsack size for idea! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page