Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Farmgirls on the Prowl at the NC Zoo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Farmgirls on the Prowl at the NC Zoo Next Topic  

proudnanaof3
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Kim
Denton NC
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  3:46:57 PM  Show Profile
Our first chapter meeting was at the NC Zoo on Saturday and had a blast plus lots of exercise. The Simple Life has officially begun and there is no stopping us now. To start off with we all decided to wear our aprons as a way of recognizing each other and it was a hoot at finding other Farmgirls. Five of us were able to take on this adventure but hopefully next meeting the other five can join us and even better if we find more. Our next meeting will be in Kernsville at the Farmers Market on May 23rd. If you are a Farmgirl in NC and would like to join in, just give us an email and we would love to have you join us. We received several stares and even a couple of questions to where we quickly handed out cards and told them all about MJ. Hopefully, we will see a couple of girls joining in that we met and took our picture. We stopped for lunch and conducted our first official meeting by handing out information, bumper stickers, and our certificates. We each made a scrapbook page and discussed several subjects that we have been reading about on the chat form. We also made some discoveries such as two members have the exact birth date (year and all), two members birthdays are just one day apart (different year), two members were at the same event 20 some years ago, some have a farm some have gardens, and some are organic. We had a wonderful time is getting to know each other, laughing, and walking a lot (this was a record breaking day on attendance so tram riding was impossible). Curiosity got the best of us and we decided to see what a 4-D movie was all about. After standing in line for a while, we made it to our seats with anticipation. Putting on our strange glasses we began to watch the movie that seemed to be right at our faces. It was cool in seeing the wild animals up so closely and it was so realistic. The seats rumbled and air blown at our side making this a real adventure. Did I add lots of screaming and laughing?

This was a meet and greet meeting and getting to know everyone was so much fun. We have so many plans and adventures that we can not wait to get to and things we can not wait to make and do. Looking forward to our next meeting.

Edited by - proudnanaof3 on Apr 19 2009 3:56:34 PM

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  5:57:25 PM  Show Profile
Kim, Donna and I had a ball. We laughed all the way home. I am so glad my bum knee held out, and your hip. All you young girls from NC need to join up. I think we would be able to hang with ya!!

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  6:11:43 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey Farmgirls,
Sounds like you guys had a great time. Isn't it such grat time spent? Great Job, hope there are pictures to post...

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/http://renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  8:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is great! I am so glad you all had a great time! Farmgirl meetings are so much fun!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pamcook
True Blue Farmgirl

228 Posts

Pam
Chapel Hill NC
USA
228 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  06:19:15 AM  Show Profile
It was wonderful! How fun to meet with women who are grounded - and fun - and interesting - and did I say "fun"? One of the things I thought about later was that we were all stopping to look at the plants (we could write a book "101 uses for Bamboo") and every crying child caught our attention. It was honestly the first time I've been out with women who were truly kindred spirits.
Farm Girls are the best.

www.ikat.org
www.longaberger.com/pamcook
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  07:57:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Isn't that great Pam? There is a social group in my area and all they care about is going shopping, eating out, and going to spas. Now I love a little bit of that all in a small measure, but I love meeting with like minded FUN women that can have fun doing other things too! In fact I would much prefer to spend the bulk of my time doing other things and save those other activities for a really rare treat.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Farmgirls on the Prowl at the NC Zoo Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page