Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Outpost
 Camping in Illinois...yes it can be fun!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Outpost: Previous Topic Camping in Illinois...yes it can be fun! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Nadine Bozek
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Nadine
Aurora, IL
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  4:58:50 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Nikki! That is my dream! I have been wanting a new camera FOREVER, and I just got word today, that I will get an unexpected windfall of $2000 from an old insurance claim (last fall our car got hit by an uninsured motorist). It was a total surprise to me and the first thing I thought of is now I can get a new camera!!! I also have a job interview tomorrow for a photographer (I wouldn't be a photographer, just helping him run the studio), so I am so excited after being unemployed for a year!!!!! It has been a really good day! I hope the interview goes well tomorrow.
What do you do for a living?
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  03:59:50 AM  Show Profile
Nadine - did you know that there is 1 reported eagle nest near Starved Rock? (One that they'll admit too) It's on the island just - I want to say south of the park.

Have you been to Buffalo Rock? It's another favorite of ours. We like to visit with the buffalo then hike the effigies. Last year we did it on a really hot day looking for a letterbox that eluded us.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  04:33:02 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Nadine! How wonderful! What kind of camera are you going to get? Wow, about the job with the photographer, too! That will give you some great experience and exposure to all kinds of new photographic situations and business dealings.

What do I do for a living? It is so prosaic; I clean houses. I had been a pharmacy tech when I became pregnant with my daughter and after I had her I decided that there was no way on earth that I was ever going to put her in daycare, so I started cleaning houses and bringing her with me. Even now, after I remarried, I am still doing it since no other job gives me the flexibility that this does.

I would like to be a portrait photographer in the style of Tara Whitney and other modern portrait artists that I admire. I have a Cannon 20D, and I use it everyday time but something must be done about it. When I first got it I was changing lenses all of the time and didn't know what the heck I was doing. Well, I got some dust on the sensor and when I take photos with a lot of sky or at the beach with all that white sand those specks show up all over my photos. And there are a lot! It is real pain trying to photoshop them all out. I have to send my camera to Atlanta to get it cleaned and I have been putting it off because....it is scary! I really need to knuckle under and just do it. So all of that to say BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN YOU CHANGE LENSES! I am sure that when you get the job with that photographer that he will teach you some really good tricks for avoiding all of the photography pitfalls that I have dove into. HA!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

Nadine Bozek
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Nadine
Aurora, IL
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  06:01:34 AM  Show Profile
I have been to Buffalo Rock, but I haven't really hiked there. I think I need to. Maybe once I did. I letterboxed for the first time last year and I thought it was a blast!! I successfully found the box. It was at Starved Rock. I want to do more of it, but I'm not sure if the Partner is into it as much as me!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Nadine Bozek
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Nadine
Aurora, IL
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  06:14:52 AM  Show Profile
Nikki, ok. I'm a little embaressed to say, I'm not sure how to fully operate a true SLR, so I'm thinking of getting a "inbetween" camera. It's the Canon g-10 powershot. Has all the great features of a point and shoot, yet many features of a SLR. And it's only $499. It is supposed to take great pictures without the grainy look of other point and shoots. At least that's what I was thinking of before I got the windfall. Now maybe I can afford a little better camera. But still, I think I might gradually work my way up to better and better cameras as my confidence rises. I used to work for a photographer for several years before, but he retired, and then he closed the business. Then the recession hit, and I've been unemployed ever since.

I used to clean houses for a living too about 15 years ago. I actually didn't mind it at all. There is no boss breathing down your neck. If I didn't have back issues, I think I would still do it. I used to just put on my walkman and go to it. I'm not sure why there is a negative stigma about it. Like I said, it wasn't bad at all. Most of the time you are totally alone in the house with no one to bug you. I wonder if anyone ever had a secret "nanny cam" on me!!
Go to Top of Page

Nadine Bozek
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Nadine
Aurora, IL
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  06:17:49 AM  Show Profile
Everyone, I have enjoyed chatting to each and every one of you!!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Outpost: Previous Topic Camping in Illinois...yes it can be fun! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page