Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  10:20:22 AM  Show Profile
Very pretty Amy. I don't know if I am brave enough to get a tattoo on my wrist. Ooh the skin there is so thin and soft!
I love that you told about what it symbolized.
My Aunt and I had the same conversation that your almost 6 year old and you did..lol

hugs
Jessie

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3319 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3319 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  11:46:21 AM  Show Profile
LOL----

Years ago, my son had his first tattoo...he didn't think I knew about it but I found out from his sister. One afternoon he came to the house, sat down in the living room and we were just shooting the breeze. I casually mentioned to him that years ago unknown by anyone that I had secretly had a very tiny banana tattoo done--- located on my gluteus maximus---His jaw dropped--I then told him I'll show you mine if you show me yours---Immediately, he yelled NO!!---raised his shirt sleeve to unveil a very small tattoo of a bat....I got him good. I have no tattoos at all!

Although, I have been tempted to get one!

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  12:34:38 PM  Show Profile
Melody, that is hilarious!!

Jessie - it was my first tattoo so I don't know if I can say that it hurt much more than any other place. I really didn't think it hurt that bad, but I figure after child birth and several injuries roofing houses, a needle in the skin is harmless!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

beadbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Therese
Valencia California
USA
148 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  11:48:19 AM  Show Profile
Amy, lovely tattoo! I also really like the song that played on your blog...Exactly.
I have had 8 tattoo sessions, for a total of 10 images, and a bit of background. I am going in tonight to get more background work done. My first was for my 50th, and I'm hooked! My husband is totally supportive. My artist keeps asking when he is going to get his, and I say don't encourage him, as we really can't afford both of us doing this!

Here are my tats, I hope you enjoy them, I sure do!

And my absolute favorite...

If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud. ~Emile Zola

Edited by - beadbabe on Mar 04 2010 12:20:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  2:14:21 PM  Show Profile
wow therese! your oragami swans are some of the most intricate and detailed tattoos i think i've ever seen! beautiful! i don't feel like fooling with photobucket right now, but i thought this thread was so cute! i just have one small green butterfly on the small of my back... like Brenda mentioned, i think it would be a good idea to wait until you're older to get tattoos. i wouldn't consider mine a mistake by any means, i just wish i would have waited longer to figure out something more creative and more "me." i think if i were to get one now, i would get a snowflake... they are kind of my symbol! but, hey, i was young (20 i think) on a trip to Venice Beach, CA with my ex-boyfriend and wanted to be spontaneous... he paid for it, so at least i didn't spend anyting for it!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  3:04:03 PM  Show Profile
Therese, what do that chinese characters stand for? And that domestic goddess tat? AWESOME!! :)

I love the tattoos. Love em'!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

beadbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Therese
Valencia California
USA
148 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  6:14:19 PM  Show Profile
Amy, Within the circle tattoo are the Chinese symbols for 'Serenity'. It is my geek badge. Anyone remember the TV show Firefly? It was the name of the ship. I am a HUGE fan!
The black Japanese kanji are the symbols for "Artist"
The Domestic Goddess was my homage to women who can and do, and I am one of them!! My husband began to call me a Domestic Goddess years ago, I liked it and have adopted it as a business name...Domestic Goddess Enterprises.
I so love caring for my family and being engaged in the domestic arts. Tattoos aren't for everyone, but I have always admired it as an artistic element. I am at the point in my life where what others think of me matters much less that what I think of
myself.
Therese

If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud. ~Emile Zola
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  8:15:40 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Melody, I love it!! I am laughing my head off right now!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  8:38:49 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful tats, Therese. I especially love the oragami cranes!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  10:42:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I am going to have DH take a pic of my two tats that I have one I drew up and one of the ruby slippers, I will comeback and post a pic. I love WOZ always has and always be my favorite movie.
quote:
Originally posted by one_dog_per_acre

This is the wicked witch of the west. There is a tornado behind her carrying a little house away. She never sees the light of day, because I have scars on the inside of my arms, and always cover them unless swimming. I collect Wizard of Oz stuff.

This is a representation of kwan yin, across the small of my back. She is the Goddess of Compassion in Buddhism. I got her as sort of a coming to terms with infertility. Then exactly one year later. Prego In China women pray to her for sons and beautiful daughters. She is also patron saint to women that cannot reproduce.

It is hard to take a pic of your back without crack showing, so it's a little off.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  10:59:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Ok here they are. It looks like the yellow in the yellow brick road is fading some but I really think it is just the pic...My first one is the OZ which I got on my 40th BD and the slippers about 6 months later. I really love my tats.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Sep 25 2011 10:59:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  5:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Beautiful tattoos!

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  7:38:22 PM  Show Profile
I will get ya'll a picture of my tattoo as soon as I get my hubby to take a pic-its on my shoulder. And then i have to figure out how to post it here.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2569 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2569 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  02:46:27 AM  Show Profile
I have a blue rose tattoo. I got it during my intense harley riding days...boy I sure miss them!

http://www.naturemaiden.com/- Soap & Candle
http://modern-day-laura.blogspot.com/ -My Blog
http://www.thriftyfarmgirl.com/ -Online Thrift Shop
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  05:34:15 AM  Show Profile
If I ever get another one, it will be a pin up of myself. Who is hotter too me than me? No one. HA ha

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  09:38:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I really love all the tats...they are addicting....DH doesn't have one but told me the other day he wanted one and wanted it to be a Penny,(the coin)...or he would like for us to get matching tats....I thought the coin was a cute idea...but told him I thought if he did it he should do the side of a wheat penny...don't think I want to see Lincoln on him...lol

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 12 2011 09:41:17 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Show Your Tattooes :) Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page