Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anyone WII fit? Next Topic  

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  2:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
I am interested in trying this product, has anyone here tried it or have it? What do you think about it and would you get other games, such as tennis and skiing to get more exercise? And does the set that is about $90 have everything one needs to do this? I am 63 so I don't want too wild a ride....lol. Thanks for your advice.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  3:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have friends that are nurse and they say one of the reasons it is so hard to get a hold of is the fact that a lot of physical therapy places are buying them. They look like they could be fun and certainly improve balance!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  6:06:46 PM  Show Profile
I have one and love it!! I'm 50 (almost 51) and it is not too much for me. There are many levels of ability so you can always move up and down at will once you unlock all of the blocks. The yoga is wonderful and I love the aerobic activities, especially the boxing. lol

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  7:02:16 PM  Show Profile
I want one for my birthday. But don't you have to have tons of stuff that's all separate to buy? And how much does a whole outfit cost? It does look fun but I was concerned about the price of it all.

Kris

Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  7:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
My husband says they just went way down in price. You have to buy the Wii Console which can be anywhere from $180 to $300 depending on your area and the deal you get, and then you have to buy the Wii Fit which comes with the balance board and stuff.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  8:09:28 PM  Show Profile
We bought the whole outfit for 100 bucks at walmart- its good but truth is I STILL dont like to exercise! Its fun to play the games when all the kids are here- but remains off till then. I tried though!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  06:09:14 AM  Show Profile
All you need is the balance board that comes with the Wii Fit and a Wii console. Like Alee said, you can find them at various prices if you look. My son bought his at Target for $250 and then bought another game that came with a controller for free. (That was about $40.) My husband bought me the Wii fIT FOR $90. You only need one controller for the Wii Fit. If you want to get the yoga mat and the other accessories they have, you can, but they are definitely not necessary. I just throw a towel on the floor for the floor exercises and that's it! If you use it, you will get in shape! Especially if you unlock the 6 minute hula hoop exercise. Oh. My. Gosh. But, you have to use it to make it work.
If you don't have a farm to keep you in shape (me) and your neighborhood is not the greatest and you don't want to walk alone (mine) and you don't want to pay for a gym membership (or look at other people's sweaty, skinny bods), I would get the Wii Fit. But, that's just my humble opinion. :)

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  07:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Thanks, ladies, I believe I will go for it. Thanks for all the advice and I think that if something is fun I will do it. I am tired of the rebounder, even though I do use it. Neighborhood is fine but it's a major hiway out here in front of the house and more than one person has been killed on it. So I will not walk out there. The weather is still pretty lousy too.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  9:07:10 PM  Show Profile
My son has the WII but never plays it anymore, he's always on xbox live which I despise, I think it has been very addictive to him. We have been having problems with his grades, we've been trying to limit him but it's so hard as we come and go and sometimes he's home alone. He's 15 so he hates going to wmart with me, or anyplace else for that matter, darn xbox. I do want to try the wii fit tho, just never got around to it yet. Would love to lose about 25 to 30 lbs. I've been on the Dean Ornish Reversal diet because they found a blockage in my heart, the dr has me on this diet, I cheat some, but am very satisfied with the diet. It's really not a diet, but just learning to eat healthier.

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/iloveyoumom

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  06:12:23 AM  Show Profile
Oh Mikki..I am SO where you are. I have a 15 year old too! I think we could start a whole thread about that darn xbox! I had to finally just get out of the house yesterday because my son had friends over and they had taken over the living room...hubby in the middle BTW!!! So I went to rock babies all afternoon. (My girlfriend just had twins...) Anyway...I suppose there isn't much exercise in that but it was fun! I have figured out how to knit and walk on my treadmill though. I was thinking of getting the Wii fit too. I've heard it's pretty fun. Sounds like the boxing would be much easier on my arthritic wrists than the bag we have in the basement! LOL I wonder if it provides the same stress relieving outlet?
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  07:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hmm...well I would never give hints on how to sabotage an expensive piece of equipment like the xbox, but my husband DOES claim ours can't be unplugged to save energy because if you do so repeatedly it had a very high likelyhood of giving the "red ring of dead" (instead of the green ring that means it is functioning normally)...

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  05:40:28 AM  Show Profile
Yeah...I've heard that same lament at my house....hmmmmmmm....
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  05:20:05 AM  Show Profile
Ha Ha! Xbox gets used a lot in my house too. By DH! I think I have been "allowed" to use it a few times. :) To his defense at times, he does use it to talk to DS, but other times, it just his fun thing to do. Its like they are in the same room playing together though when they play each other. (DS just moved to NY w/my inlaws to pursue his hockey dream.) I would love to get the Wii fit too. Never can find it though. But I will say that the boxing is a great deal of fun & you will definitely get a work out! I have played against DH & it is so much fun to "knock him out"!

"I have an irrepressible desire to live till I can be assured that the world is a little better for my having lived in it."
– Abraham Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  05:47:03 AM  Show Profile
My dad was the first member of the public to try the Wii Fit during the launch party in New York (if you Google my dad's name, you'll see all the articles that quoted him!). He loved it!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anyone WII fit? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page