Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 I Saw A Tornado and Wall Cloud Last Friday!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic I Saw A Tornado and Wall Cloud Last Friday!! Next Topic  

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  1:36:38 PM  Show Profile
I am terrified of tornadoes, but for some reason this fascinated me. The sirens were screaming and my heart was pounding but my co-workers and I stood outside and watched it. It must have been several miles to the north of us and was moving away, so I felt a bit ok about it. Over our heads the clouds were moving in circles. We got pounded on the head by hail for a few minutes, but it was dime sized. I can't remember a time I felt more alive! I was wishing I had brought my camera with me and I forgot my phone had one on it.

Of course after we were in the clear for a few minutes (another storm was heading our way) I left work early to get my nerves together. But still, it was kind of neat in a way.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  2:31:13 PM  Show Profile
Living on the edge!

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

"Nobody has ever measured, not even poets how much the heart can hold."
Zelda Fitzgerald
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  3:15:13 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Lainey, that was scary! Some friends of mine were out in their backyard a couple of weeks ago when the siren went off. They were marveling at the thick cloud and then it began to spin. They were taking photos and then realized, "Hey! I think that is a tornado!" They went inside and thank God, it didn't touch down.

The freaky thing is that tornadoes form over here quite a bit. The church down the road was hit around Easter time about 11 years ago. And then just recently their digital sign was damaged by one. That same tornado went right over a friend's house and tore some shingles off their roof. It took their trampoline and wadded it up into a ball, and then it took out one barn and left the other next to it standing. It was crazy!

A couple of weeks back we just happened to be driving through Carbon Hill during bad weather and I was like, "Oh, crap! This is the worst place to be!" They seem to have their school razed with every season! Over on the hill I could see the brand new school that they had to build because the other one was destroyed.

Tornadoes scare me more than any other natural disaster! They are just so unpredictable! I probably have a bad dream about them at least once a month. Thankfully, most of the time I survive in the dream! HA!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic I Saw A Tornado and Wall Cloud Last Friday!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page