RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  3:08:54 PM  Show Profile
I had a nasty migraine this morning, but feeling better now so I thought I'd just throw this out here...
I'm really frustrated! I don't want pity, just a sounding board. I signed up for this round of secret sisters, really wanting to be a part of this wonderful site and group of women. I've enjoyed sending my secret sister presents, but it seems that the sister who is supposed to send me things has fallen out. I've received one lovely day planner (and remembered to post my thanks), and that was that.
I bartered with a few nice girls and have had fun doing so, but this last one has left me wondering. She was hesistant to answer my barter request, she agreed to it, I sent her my trade, and I still haven't receive anything...no email either.
Am I just that stand-offish? Do I rub people the wrong way here? I can take the honesty if anyone can offer some insight.
I'm just a farmgirl in training, I don't have tons to offer in advice OR product, and some that I've bartered with haven't even let me know if they've received my item or even liked it.

Kinda feeling left out on the outside. What's a farmgirl to do?

*I've got stars in my eyes and exactly $1 in my pocket!*

Edited by - RuralSuburbia on Apr 08 2009 7:21:39 PM

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  3:18:36 PM  Show Profile
I don't know no nuthin' 'bout any secret sisters but I can tell you, that I've been on the other end with another horse board and had to drop out cuz I just couldn't keep up. Life got in the way. It was simple as that. I finally got on the board (which I'm still a part of) and let everyone know I gave it a good try but couldn't do it. No hard feelings that I'm aware of.

So, maybe your secret sister is overwhelmed and is embarrassed or plain can't do her part. It may not be planned, just one of those things. Try not to take it personally if all else is going well.

Winona ;-)

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  3:20:53 PM  Show Profile
Leslie...I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I've never gotten involved with secret sisters or bartering but it would seem appropriate to hear something back. How about contacting them and asking if everything was OK with the item(s) you sent them?

Good Luck....

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  3:36:48 PM  Show Profile
Leslie, I really don't know what to tell you about your frustrations 'cept I'm so sorry that you are hurting. However, I do know a lot about migraines! Are you on imitrex? Topomax? if anything, What are you on (write me privately if you want...?) I see a neurologist and since I am menapausal (this farmgirl is plowin' thru alright...the change) i am struggling with my migraines once again big time. I have had them practically all my life. You? Anyway, all of it - the change of life, the migraines, the aftermath, the meds -they all impact my ability to process my feelings. I have come to see that I am overly sensitive these days when compared to my "before meds" self of even 2 or 3 years ago. I don't think others are behaving much differently than at other times of my life, just my nerves are completely shot. I tell you this only to say that my migraines affect not just me physically but my view of how i think others see me. Maybe this is happening to you as well (?) and you are not rubbing folks wrong like you think are. Wishing I could hug you and bring you inside, Karen

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  4:00:20 PM  Show Profile
OK, Karen, you got me in tears. I think you hit the nail right on the head.

I know life gets in the way, and I respect that, but I guess I'm big on communication. Carol, I've emailed, I have had some really fun bartering experiences here. I always let the other person know I recv'd their item, and guess I expect the same.

I'm also usually a very optimistic person and have felt so down lately...also perimenopausal at age 44...stressed...sensitive.

(it's ok to remove this entire post if deemed necessary)

Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  4:28:34 PM  Show Profile
Hey Leslie, I understand. Here's something to make you feel better. You will always be younger than me! I'm about to turn 50! But for a few weeks longer I'm 49 and holding. I am enjoying my 40's 'til the end. Have a great evening, karen

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

Tin Lizzie
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Tx
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  6:54:46 PM  Show Profile
hey. hear you on the bartering. most of mine here have been great but the last one I sent my stuff and never got my stuff from my bartering partner. I just chalked it up to one of those things, but, it was disappointing. As far as the migraines...I suffered for 20 years with them...sometimes several times a week. i tried everything...all kinds of prescription meds, etc and nothing worked. I finally started using a vitamin combination(comes in one bottle)...Magnesium/Zinc/Calcium....I get it at walmart...and I take 3 pills every night. Took about 3 weeks for it to get in my system. that was 3 years ago that I started this and after the 3 weeks I have NEVER had another migraine. This doesn't work for everyone, but, I have spoken with a lot of people that it does.
Go to Top of Page

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  7:18:26 PM  Show Profile
Hey girl! I don't think your wrong to feel this way at all. I can't honestly remember if I let you know that I received my journal and bookmarks. If I didn't, I'm so sorry! But I did love them and have already used them. I'm usually good at keeping in touch with people, but I have about 50 excuses that have made me very forgetful here lately. So if I didn't let you know then it wasn't you at all, it was me and my scatter brain. As far as the bad experiences with swaps and bartering, I can understand. It's frustrating to keep your end of the deal and then be left empty handed. Of course sometimes things come up (I still have to get my shopping bag out to my partner!) but people should at least keep in touch and let you know what's going on. I'm sending a big farmgirl hug your way and hope things get better for ya! Tammy

http://afarmgirljourney.blogspot.com/
Farmgirl Sister #492

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. -Carl Bard
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  7:24:14 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry you don't feel well, and I am especially sorry that you had those bad experiences. This is a big reminder for all of us to be better communicators.

Big hugs,

Merry

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

"Nobody has ever measured, not even poets how much the heart can hold."
Zelda Fitzgerald
Go to Top of Page

RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  7:24:59 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Tammy~~I'm still enjoying the mags and have shared them with a friend, too.
*geesh* my emotions are a nightmare lately! I'll ask my mom the nurse about that vitamin combo. Sounds better than drugs! :-)

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  7:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I must admit I am a slow barter partner, not because I mean to be, but with a toddler sometimes getting to the post office is nigh impossible. But I try to make up for that by including extras and always letting my partners know when I am running late.

So no, I don't think you are stand-offish! I actually REALLY enjoy your posts here on the forum

Are you going to come to Farm Fair? I would love to meet you face to face!

By the way- Migraines are worse than labor to me! At least in labor I know I will have a baby at the end! Migraines are just pure torture! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Edited by - Alee on Apr 08 2009 7:41:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  8:15:13 PM  Show Profile
Leslie, I am so sorry about your migranes. They are awful. And I'm also sorry you're having a hard time with the bartering and secret sister. I guess it is a leap of faith to do this. I have had good luck so far, but there's always tomorrow. I do hope you get everything straightened out soon.

I am 50 also and going through the first stages of menopause. Not too bad so far. But I do get pretty emotional and have all kinds of crazy thoughts. I sometimes feel like an outsider but that's just me. Those crazy mood swings.

I hope you have a great night and wake up tomorrow with a brighter outlook and no migrane!

Kris

Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.
Go to Top of Page

Tin Lizzie
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Tx
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  8:53:33 PM  Show Profile
Leslie...I am a nurse too(RN)...it is the magnesium in it that helps....I take the combo because at 49 I need the calcium anyway. Zinc helps with memory, helps keep normal blood sugar levels and more. Magnesium comes in different forms...this is what works for me. I began taking this after reading in several places where people with migraines were helped by taking magnesium.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Frustrated! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page