Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  08:08:04 AM  Show Profile
Okay, I have had it. I am so disgusted!! I can spout hope and happiness and everything will look up and la-de-da for only so long.
CR got a reply from the job he was waiting on for an interview saying that he was ineligible for that position. Im sorry, but what kind of crap is that!?!
Does it make sense to anyone else that you can be OVERqualified for a job position? It's no wonder the unemployment rate is at one of its highest point when you've got idiots telling perfectly capable men that they can't have a job because they are too good for it!!
Please pray we find a job soon. I don't know how much of this garbage I can take. I am past the point of mental breakdown. Been there done that and now I am just mad!

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"Every man's life is a fairy-tale written by God's fingers."--Hans Christian Anderson

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  08:18:00 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to learn of your plight. BTDT It is disheartening, but please don't give up. Sometimes I think that's what THEY (whoever they are) want you to do.

Better days are ahead, believe me.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  08:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh *hugs* Jessie! I am so sorry that CR didn't get the job!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  08:30:11 AM  Show Profile
I know what you are going through it's called reverse discrimination. Over-qualified, etc. I have been searching for over a year and it's the same thing for me. Not fair! I am so very willing to do anything right now whether it's what I have been doing all my life or something new, but who wants to hire someone who is 51? and "over-qualified." It's just not right.

Take heart....We are all thinking of you and praying and sending "good job" thoughts!

Melody
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  08:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Jessie,
No it doesn't make sense. As a former office manager, I have never understood that line of thinking... "So sorry we cant hire you, because you are WAY to good for us", HAHAH-I know that some say that kinda crap, but if your looking for it to make sense then, sorry cant help...

I am so pulling for you guys, and can't wait until we are doing the happy dance with you all....Sister hugs!!!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/http://renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  11:17:54 AM  Show Profile
((((Jessie)))) I'm so very sorry CR didn't get the job. I'll be praying that something wonderful will come his way very soon.

I too have heard the overqualified line when applying for jobs. I guess employers think that they'll spend the money and time to hire you, only to have you leave when you find another job that your skills are perfect for. I agree that it stinks though!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  12:36:31 PM  Show Profile
I hope a great job comes his way soon. You are in my prayers.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  12:43:05 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry Jessie. But, this means that the Lord has something even BETTER for him :) God's plans are the best. I know it's hard right now, I remember times when neither of us were working, hardly had any food and plenty of medical bills, but you know what? God always took care of us no matter how hard it got. He was (and is) always there.

I will be praying for CR to land the perfect job, perfect hours, perfect salary,and perfect benefits for him. And for the Lord to lift you both up and encourage your hearts and strengthen you. Also praying for His provision for you. Hang in there girl!

Isaiah 41:10
Isaiah 26:3

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  12:53:11 PM  Show Profile
Jessie................hang in there. Don't give up now!! It's okay to vent. just don't give up. CR needs positive support.

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  8:53:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jessie, that is so discouraging. I know it looks like things will never get better right now at this moment. But guess what girl? This too shall pass!! Never ever give up. That's exactly what Satan wants to hear you say. Do not give him that. Ya'll are so much better than that. There is a brighter day coming. It is just around the corner. Just keep trudging along and you will get there. It's an uphill climb, but oh the view on the other side! Keep your heads UP and looking forward. Never look back.

We have been through some very lean times ourselves in our 30 years together. But you know what? We always got through them. It did not look like it at the time, but we always did. We never lost our home or anything. We did lose a car once and paid for it dearly but we made it through that, too. It hurt like heck but we pulled through. And ya'll will, too. The Lord does not turn His back on us when we're down. He is right there with us. Don't forget that. He has seen you through some rough times and will get you to the next chapter in your lives.

So stay strong and plow through this. Where's your farmgirl spirit? You're both young and have too much going for you to give up. There are too many people on your side.

Hugs to you both. I'll continue praying for the right job.

Kris

Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  06:23:46 AM  Show Profile
Kris,
Its just so discouraging. We have tried everything gas stations, department stores, the post office. You name it, we have put in applications and sent resumes. It seems so silly to me that you can be overqualified to work at Walmart.

We have our new house and all of our furniture is moved in, but we can't until we can afford utilities. It's like its so close and yet we can step over the red tape line.

I know I shouldn't give up, and I haven't given up really. I am just so darn discouraged. We paid off over half of our debt with our income taxes this year with just enough money to get our new glasses (we desperately needed them, they were like 5 years old) and that was it. Granted it took care of over $8000 but we still have a bit of debt that could turn into a major problem with only a small job that isn't paying the bills really.
God has provided every single time for our lot rent at the new house and I should be encouraged at just that. I know He will do it. Sometimes what I know in my heart just doesn't want to come through this thick head of mine.

Satan is definitly attacking and from all sides. I don't want to let him win but the farmgirl spirit is dwindling as is the other spirit there.
I know it will happen, I'm just afraid for what I can't control, but I guess that is God's whole point isn't it!?

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. It's comforting to know that I've got such strong and sweet women behind us. I know CR appreciate your prayers as well! :)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"Every man's life is a fairy-tale written by God's fingers."--Hans Christian Anderson

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  08:28:13 AM  Show Profile
It happens all the time. Years ago when my husband was out of work (he at that time was an auto mechanic) he was told so many times that he was overqualified. We never figured out WHY he was overqualified but......

It didn't matter that he had 4 little ones at home that would like to eat and he had bills to pay. Nope!! What some said was when he found a better job he would leave---well yeah--if that was their attitude. Tell him to hang in there something will come along--something better. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  8:47:46 PM  Show Profile
Jesse,
don't let Discouragement get you & CR down....hugz & prayers for you all.
Be sure to be supportive for CR, and stay united during these tuff times.
I know we keep telling you things will get better,,,,but I truly they will. So don't give up hope.
hugz,
>^..^<

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  9:25:02 PM  Show Profile
CR & Jessie~

Just laid off myself. This one helps me:

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
trusting that He will make things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

Let go let God.

I too feel the heat. Soooooooo many people are, but know that what is in our hearts and our intentions will make our paths as they should be. You breath girl and remember to set your intentions for what you want your life to be!!!!!!!!! Big prayers for you and your family. Hey, maybe we will all end up in the coolest commune ever ... look for the light and turn your face to it.

Much respect & gratitude for your farmgirl spirit !!!!!!!!!

Heather
LoveChics of Loveland Colorado
Farmgirl #550

love, light, & laughter
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  3:43:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jessie, I am so sorry. We have been there....take hope, God will provide in His own timing and you will be able to look back and it will all make sense and then you will be able to see His perfect plan in all this confusion. Hugs and Prayers to you
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  4:02:26 PM  Show Profile
So sorry Jessie! I don't even know what to say because I can imagine how you are just shaking your head at God and asking Him "What next?!" But He does have a plan and purpose for your life and I guess all we can do is pray that CR finds that perfect job soon. Prayers are continuing to be sent your way.
Hugs
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  4:23:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
My thoughts and prayers are with you Jessie and CR. Hugs.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  11:56:39 AM  Show Profile
Jessie, you and your sweet family are in my prayers. I'm hoping that he will get a position soon.

Big hugs!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic I give up Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page