harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  09:25:42 AM  Show Profile
A fellow farmgirl asked me how I made homemade paper. Thought I'd pass it along. This is the slimmed down version of paper making.

1. take old paper and tear into shreads.
2. Put a handfull of shreads in an old blender with a little water and liquify it.
3. keep adding paper and water till the blender is full and you've made a thick pulp.
4. pour this pulp into a sink filled with cold water and add dryer fluff that is pulled apart. Stir
5. add a little Elmers Glue to the water to make glossier paper. Stir
6. wrap an old leg of pantyhose around an empty 5 x 7 picture frame. Pull it real tight without tearing and tie a knot in the pantyhose to secure.
7. Dip the frame, top end first into the sink and catch as much of the floating fibers and paper pulp until it looks filled on the frame. Shake gently to distribute the fibers and pulp evenly.
8. Remove from water, let drip for a few minutes and then lay it outside in the sun to dry.
9. When it is dry, gently peel the paper from the picture frame and go write a letter to a friend. Make two sheets and use an old envelope as a pattern and you'll have matching stationary.You can add Kool-Aid to the water to make colored paper. Keep making pulp in the blender and adding to the water in the sink until you're finished making paper.
It takes some practice to get it right. Just experiment. I did.....

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  10:10:05 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the instructions Debbie! it's been awhile since I've made paper. I used to add dried herbs, petals and tea too.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  10:59:04 AM  Show Profile
If you have an old window screen this is great to use in place of the pantyhose/frame combo.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
  Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Making Paper Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page