Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Received something that IS better than Chocolate!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Received something that IS better than Chocolate!! Next Topic  

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  07:34:55 AM  Show Profile
I'm serious. I didn't think it was possible. BUT yesterday in the mail from our own Melody, soap maker extraordinaire, came 2 bars of lilac soap and 2 bars of soap called "cotton". Ok, these things put me in some sort of olfactory ecstatic state! Aria, Rianna and I were in the sewing studio just sniffing and sniffing. Aria was out of breath in delight saying things like, "OH this is sooooo good!" Rianna, being only 2 mustered several hearty, "YUMs!" Really, it got to the point that all I wanted to do was take a bite!

Mel!! THANK YOU!! Just a whopping big ol' thanks! Holy Cow!! I was completely surprised and excited..Seriously, I would have been thrilled with your first grass clippings of the season but THIS was just over-the-top sensational! You are absolutely one of the most generous people I have EVER met and we haven't even met in the 'real' world yet! I'm amazed and in awe.

The cotton one was especially fascinating to me. It brought on all kinds of imagery for me. I never thought of cotton as a 'clean' scent. When I think of cotton, I think hot, dusty, dry, pokey, bent over, back breaking, sweat, earthy, sneezy thoughts. But your cotton soap scent brought images of cool, shade, wet, refreshing, rest....Suddenly I imagined a field of cotton not yet ready to be picked but desperate for some last ditch rain. A really good soaking "ahhhhhhhh" quenching kind of rain. That's how this soap smells to me. I could see little drought stricken cotton plants just absorbing this fabulous water feeling restored and alive again.

True to form, this is an extraordinarily long-winded way of saying thanks but I had to tell you my thoughts...thanks just seems so puny and pathetic sometimes!

I'm completely overwhelmed and I can't wait to have a nice long scented soak!
Sending so much love!! ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  07:46:05 AM  Show Profile
What a nice gift to get. I just love the soaps that these girls make. I hadn't heard of the cotton one. Sounds really nice.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  08:23:38 AM  Show Profile
Well...Julia actually knowing a real live Farmgirl of the Month is a pretty big deal to me!!!

I just thought it would be nice to send a little congratulatory gift for someone who is so special to me and to so many others!

Thank you for your eloquent description of my new cotton soap. I could not have described it better! You have such a way with words truly Hemingwayesque!!!

Best wishes Farmgirl!!

Biggest Hugs

Melody

Edited by - melody on Apr 05 2009 08:25:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  11:40:22 AM  Show Profile
What a nice gift! You descriptions of the soap make me want some. Melody - is it on your website??? I love lilac!!

Handmade Soap & Lotion Bars http://www.therusticcottagebath.com

The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  12:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love how lovely fragrances can really evoke so many emotions and memories. I love the fresh cotton fragrances because it always reminds me of the clean smell of my mom's linen closet! I remember when I was little I always loved it when we changed my sheets each week and if I wasn't feeling well sometimes I would just go lay my head on the cool clean sheets in the linen closet and just "absorb" the smell!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Received something that IS better than Chocolate!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page