crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  06:25:22 AM  Show Profile
Melody- I'm so sorry this happend to you. What a crummy person! I hope you do put a sign in your front yard and I hope the person who stole it feels like poop forever!
xoxo-Lori

Thank GOD I'm a Country Girl!
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  06:46:31 AM  Show Profile
I am sorry your sink was stolen. When my parents moved into their new house someone stole the wrought iron orb with arrow thru it from their front yard. This was on a metal post buried in the ground, they took the post and all. Now they have a birdhouse on a post in that same spot, but my dad put it in cement. Been there now for 10 years. From the looks of your yard they not only had to get around the fence but not trip over your garden chair or hose - terrible. I know I would be upset.

Anne in Portland, OR

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  06:53:38 AM  Show Profile
Melody-I'm so sorry that you were the victim of theft. I sure hope they catch the culprits!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  07:06:09 AM  Show Profile
That's really a shame, Melody. Well, the thieves had good taste, that was a nice piece. As you've mentioned, I like the idea of putting up a sign and I would definitely get sensor lighting in your yard. Your yard looks very cute and inviting and unfortunately, there are creepy people who will take advantage. Also, I would report it to the police, and if you go into antique shops, keep an eye out for that piece. I'm sorry that happened to you and hopefully, one day, you'll get it back.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  07:23:23 AM  Show Profile
What?! That is just so rotten. :( I am so sorry. Grrrrr.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  09:21:21 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Wow! What nasty theives with good taste for garden treasures! I think I'd find something really appealing to put in your dry sinks place and somehow booby trap that so if they come back and try to take this next very appealing piece something "traps" them or spills something on them that will stain them for a few days! My mind is wicked today...but it's worth a try or a good laugh!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  11:26:59 AM  Show Profile
Melody,
So sorry to hear of the theft. Your yard looks so lovely nd how sad that because you were trying to make the world a prettier place, somone took advantage of you. Go Figure. I hope the louses get a stomach ache every time they look at the dry sink. You should definitely put something in the local paper.
Keep your schin up and don't give up on beautifying your little corner of the world because of a couple of creeps!!
Hugs, Miche;e

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

daylily
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

Chris
Newcastle CA
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  12:13:40 PM  Show Profile
Melody, do you have a bigger or close-up picture of the dry sink? I would like to post it on my blogs and ask my reader's to do the same! Someone just might come across it one day. And if enough people are looking for it, maybe the culprits won't get any pleasure out of displaying it!

Chris
Farmgirl Sister #346

http://refininglife.blogspot.com
http://www.myorganizedkitchen.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  10:22:38 PM  Show Profile
Melody, That is just not right!!! I will put up a pic on my blog too!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  06:00:50 AM  Show Profile
I am so there, Melody. We had a bench stolen off our front porch, within the 20 minutes we had gone down the street to the nursery to buy plants. It was in broad daylight, with my kids in the house and both my neighbors at home! Oh, talk about a real pet peeve!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Niamh
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Idaho
140 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  06:54:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Niamh a Yahoo! Message
Ugh, I am so sorry. What a rotten thing to happen. I second the 'alert the local antique stores' motion. If they kept it for themselves, they'll remember that they stole it every time they look at it. For me, that would be miserable, for some it might bring a sense of pride. But like someone else said, you reap what you sow.

My farming blog: www.localfoodblog.blogspot.com

My living blog:
www.unprocessedfamily.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  08:01:12 AM  Show Profile
>> People who steal are just the worst!!<<

We lived across the street from a park up in the city, an' you never knew what was going to happen if a big crowd of people started gathering. Little things disappeared from our yard off an' on for a couple years. Police were never called, because it didn't seem like the effort was worth it.

Then somebody started driving Really Fast all over the neighborhood, then stop at the park...then start racing off like a banshie. Finally the president of the civic league got ahold of the media, an' one of the local tv stations interviewed him. The tv crew stopped an' talked to me, an' while I was being filmed, an' explaining how it was starting to get out of control (people were stealing bench seats from picnic tables in the park!) I had a Bad Feeling something was gonna happen.

The following sunday, on my way out the door to go to church, I step on the back door step to the carport...an' discover raw eggs had been thrown all over my car, the back-kitchen door, and all over in the carport. My shock was nearly enuf to make my knees buckle. My one son washed my car off so I could get to church, but I had a gut feeling it wasn't gonna be the end.

The following weekend, Saturday night, actually, somebody threw 2 big 40 Oz. beer bottles in our yard, an' slapped some kinda junk on our white picket fence.

Cute.

Add that up with some other "Small" problems, an' by the time we sold the house to move here, I was More than Ready to Leave!!

Hopefully the police can do something -- maybe you can just tell then what happened, an' they at least can write up a report. If it's people stealing the sink for what it's made out of (copper may be part of the construction of the sink) then the police may need that information to track other thefts of metal materials.

Keepin' you in my thots...I've got an idea of what to do with the people, but it's not suitable for print...lol..

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  09:07:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh, Laurianne! That is horrible! People can be downright nasty sometimes!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  09:21:14 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE LOVE LOVE you entry in the local paper! How cleaver you are! I hope that if they try to pawn/sell it that the buyer has read the article and will know better. . .

Best,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  10:47:24 AM  Show Profile
Just a thought...make sure you put your security lights up good and high! About 5 years ago, someone broke into my husband's car and stole his radio out of his car right in the driveway. Sick thing is, we heard a noise outside and my husband got out of bed and looked out the window. When he saw the security light wasn't lit he came back to bed. The little devils had unscrewed the bulbs.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  10:50:17 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Great update Melody, even though you haven't found your dry sink - yet! Maybe that will at least make them miserable enough to give it back or at the very least sneak it back in the same way they snuck it out!!!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

BeckySue
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

BeckySue
Arizona
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  10:59:28 AM  Show Profile
That makes my heart sick! How sad for you!!
I hope more good things will come your way . . . and that "what goes around, comes around!

sorry for your loss. UHG! i hate when people are mean like that.

You are
Welcome
to visit
My Serenity Garden
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  11:00:23 AM  Show Profile
I love the newspaper piece!
Could this be a high school prank? My grandparents had a wooden carved totem pole outside in their yard years ago that so many people complimented them on. Then one night it was gone. THey reported it and a few weeks later it was found in a ditch somewhere. Word got around that it was a few high school boys that just wanted to take it because they thought it would be funny when the owners woke up and found it missing. I would report it just in case it shows up somewhere.
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  11:11:32 AM  Show Profile
Yea, Melody! I wish I had thought of that! I hope those creeps read it, and repent. And I also think calling the antiques stores is a good thing! I just love it when a farm girl stands up for herself!!!!!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

LouisvilleMom
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Kathryn
Louisville KY
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  5:03:01 PM  Show Profile
LOVE the newspaper entry. Very classy.

SAHM mom to four great boys.

http://ksfarnsworth.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  6:15:07 PM  Show Profile
Melody....We had the same thing happen last year. Only the whippersnappers stole 23 of my chickens. Our chicken hut is only a stones throw away from our bedroom window..HOW DARE THEY?!!!!!!!!!!
So DH also installed a security light, and talked to those we knew stole from us last year...he told them not to steal from us either,if they are hungry, come to our door, we will feed them but, if they indeed needed to steal, the light was for them to see better.......a certain ethnic group of persons steal every year from us. This gets old........

Farmgirl Sister #368
"It is most common for man to value most what has least worth."
My Farm and Garden blog....
http://blogonthefarmandgarden.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Michigan Girl in TX
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Kristi
Cottonwood Shores TX
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  6:29:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh girl... that is horrible! How could they even enjoy it knowing how they got it!? You enjoyed it because of what you put in to making it special. Karma comes back around.

Hugs~ Kristi
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  6:31:43 PM  Show Profile
Terri....that's awful. JUST AWFULL! I know it's different if someone steals for food. Well. No it's not. Stealing is stealing is stealing. But, anyone who know me knows that if they would have asked for the darn thing I would have given it away....Makes me sad and MAD.

I would really miss my chickens though!

Melody
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  7:45:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
*hugs* Melody I like what you submitted to the paper! It might not get your sink back, but hopefully the shame makes them think about their actions.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  8:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Melody, that is great what you put in the paper. I love the last line. Very creative. It just stinks that people will stoop that low. No morals at all. And they probably live down the road from you, too. But good for you for putting that in the paper. Maybe other people will be on the lookout for it now.

Kris

Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic STOLEN!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page