Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Spontaneous Fun with Your Kids
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Spontaneous Fun with Your Kids Next Topic  

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  04:19:31 AM  Show Profile
I was reading MaryJane's Stitching Room book last night and came across the part about making bean bags. MJ said that they love tossing things to each other around the house and one night things got a little crazy and they tossed the spaghetti up on the ceiling to test whether it was done. They ended up leaving it there. ISN'T THAT FUN! Her kids would point it out to their friends and say how cool their mom was to let them do such a thing.

Once, when I was a single mother, my kids and I were eating dinner together (ham, creamed potatoes, and green beans) and for some reason, we got it into our heads to make snowmen out of our potatoes. We made their faces with bits of ham and stuck the beans in for arms. The potatoes were very stiff, maybe they weren't even edible. Ha! We look a photo of our "snowmen". That was so fun and spontaneous and now it is a lovely memory for me.

Do y'all have any silly/crazy spontaneous kid stories to share?

Farmgirl Sister #554

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  06:34:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well when we lived at the old house they had this horrible black linoleum stuff that was very shiny. Nora one day found my oil pastels and decided to start drawing on the black floor. At first I freaked and then I realized that oil pastels on an impermeable floor would be easy to clean up with soap and water. So Nora was allowed to draw on the floor with the oil pastels, but only on the black floor. It was so funny and I had abstract art on my floor all summer in all sorts of beautiful colors!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  07:46:09 AM  Show Profile
What a creative kid and how great of you to allow it! That would be fun to do on a garage floor permanently.

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  10:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes! That would be fun! I took pictures of it...I need to find it somewhere in my photobucket! LOL
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  10:20:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com

Edited by - Alee on Apr 04 2009 10:22:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  2:21:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Alee! How cute! That looks neat and the colors really pop on that black floor! That would look good in our basement. Right now that floor it painted light gray and I can see all of the dog hair and junk on the floor. It would be way cool if it were black and then painted with bright colored foot, paw and hand prints! I'm going to try talking my husband into letting me do it! Painting the floor with our feet would definitely be guaranteed fun for all!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  6:19:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That does sound like fun! But be forewarned- black shows a lot too! Any light colored dirt and dog hair too (We have a black/brown/white tri color aussie mix)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

KD Earthwork
True Blue Farmgirl

210 Posts

Katie
Gualala Calif.
USA
210 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  10:20:44 PM  Show Profile
Today was hot here in coastal N.Calif. so I got a horse trough and took it to the garden.This was the best part on our big backhoe, me, my three yr. old in her new bikini,a ten year old on the side ,plus the two dogs who love to ride too,the horse trough in the bucket.Then we filled it part way up and they had a real fun day the dogs too love water and were in there w/ them.I got half of the irrigation on my garden while laughter filled the air.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  10:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That sounds like fun, Katie!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  05:00:37 AM  Show Profile
Katie, that sounds like a blast! It seems like we always have the most fun when we didn't plan for it or expect it!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Spontaneous Fun with Your Kids Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page