Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What to do...:( :( VENTING !! *UPDATE*
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What to do...:( :( VENTING !! *UPDATE* Next Topic
Page: of 2

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  11:24:35 PM  Show Profile
...when your job isn't paying you on time? I should have had my money last week Wednesday! It is now Friday, just before the weekend and the money STILL is not in. I could not even go to work yesterday, didn't have the bus fare anymore :(

I called him, he said that they would put it in my account extra speedy, HAHAHA :( What a joke!! Extra speedy means overnight here, so it should have been here today! I just checked and nope!! So now I am completely broke, not one penny to my name, not able to pay my rent, gas, electricity etc. No groceries, no food, no food for Elvis, no nothing!! I AM MAD AS H***

I am gonna call him again in half an hour and ask what he thinks I should do about the no food, if HE is gonna pay my rent etc. If HE is gonna buy me groceries. Like I said it is the weekend.

NOT FUNNY!!!!!
I just needed to vent. I am up to my EYEBALLS in stress, not good for me. Am not even able to put milk in my coffee, which BTW is also gone after this morning.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)

Edited by - dutchy on Apr 05 2009 10:10:55 PM

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  11:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Dutchy! That is just rotten! That is really illegal in the States. I am not sure what your laws State? Is there anyway you can have him write you a paper check and, I know it is far, but bike down to get it?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  11:29:10 PM  Show Profile
You know, it is not "legal" here too, but I can't even think that far. I will have to ask him about the paper check. I don't mind the bike ride, the sun is out.
But I don't think he is able to do that, he is "just" the middle man.

What I heard last month was that they are "famous" for paying late.
Co-workers even left one day last month because they too did not get their money on time, were late on paying bills etc. And ALL have hubbies/boyfriends that work, here it is just little old me. I am the only one bringing in money and by my lonesome!!
No-one to look out for me, no one to lend me a few bucks to buy a few necessities etc.

My personal blog:

Edited by - dutchy on Apr 02 2009 11:32:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  04:21:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh Marian,
I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with such a horrible situation! I just don't know what I'd do in that situation... I think I'd be on the look-out for a new job though... Hoping things get cleared up for you soon... will keep you in prayers!
Hugs!

www.createmyworld.etsy.com

"He who works with his hands is a laborer, he who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who works with his hands, head and heart is an artist." -St. Francis of Asisi
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  04:26:09 AM  Show Profile
Oh Marian, I really feel for you. My husband and I have both lost our jobs, so I can really feel your pain. But the fact you are all on your lonesome has to make it twice as hard. I do hope you have your money today. Try to hang in there, as long as you have a job, hopefully things will be better. I am not sure how the economy is there, but if you have a job, you better hang with it as long as you can.
Hugs to you!

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  04:39:24 AM  Show Profile
Marion, I've been where you are. You are not alone. We are here for you! I'm praying for you right now.

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  05:03:58 AM  Show Profile
Oh Marian~ I hope you situation gets better very soon. I am so sorry your going through rough spot.
Hug and Prayers.
Misty
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  05:10:34 AM  Show Profile
Still no money today, so have to wait till Monday at least. And yes I am on the look-out for a new job. So hope and pray.

Thanks gals, you're too sweet.
The economy is as bad here as it is in the USA.
Lay offs, prices rise, payments get lower, very hard to find a job. AND the fact that I am over 50 doesn't help either.
But what can I do about that fact, nothing :)

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  05:27:22 AM  Show Profile
Marian, There are doors to knock on to get immediate help. Go to your Church, go Social Services, go to a food pantry, Now is not the time to let pride get in the way. If you have family or close friends go to them. There is someone out there who will help you. Don't give up God will help. You're in my prayers.
Linda (a rose)

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  05:34:17 AM  Show Profile
Linda, my pastor is on vacation. The foodpantry won't help me, I have asked them a few weeks ago for assistance. But my income was "too high"
Social services is looking into it as well, but like I said, it is Friday.

But thank you SO much for the sweet words, they DO make me feel better!!
No family, and my friend is on a spring break, of ALL times DUH!!!!!
And no way am I too proud, if I could I would go to ask for a few Euro's :)
But thanks again :) And I know God helps. He IS helping as we speak.

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  05:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Awww honey, I too have had issues with getting paid "on time" or at all. I hope this turns around and you get the money and no more stress. xoxox

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  06:15:38 AM  Show Profile
You know, thanks to an Earth Angel I am now sipping coffee, WITH milk and Elvis is eating his belated supper!!!!!!!!!!!!

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  06:21:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh Dutchy...wish ya weren't so far away, I'd let ya move to my little slice of Earth. I can always use help at our farm and you wouldn't have to worry so much! My heart melts for ya though. I remember a time that things were so rough for us that all we had to eat was eggs and walked the roads looking for soda cans to recycle for gasoline. It was a humbling experience....hang in there...k?

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  06:28:10 AM  Show Profile
Marian,

So glad to hear that things are turning around for you. I have been worried about you, girl! I think we should start some kind of fund or some such thing. I think it would be so great to be able to give or receive as needed. Surely, together we can think of something that we can do. I know that I would be willing to help any way that I can.
Take care everyone and Dutchy, please let us know how things are going!

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Edited by - Marcy on Apr 03 2009 06:28:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  06:29:42 AM  Show Profile
Debbie, the search for cans made me think of a "funny" thing I went through with my mom eons ago, when I was about 10 or 12.
Money was always tight at home too, but at that special time VERY tight.
Mom looked all over the house for glass bottles (yes this was in the time glass bottles were normal, lol.) We had a couple milk bottles and we asked the neighbors (!!) wether they had a few we might have. When we went to the store we had a bag full and on the way TO the store they clanged (SP) together. Mom told me to "be carefull, our million is in there" lol.
Ever since we always talked about our million whenever we went to turn in the glass bottles!!

I'm hanging in there.

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  07:41:35 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Oh, Dutchy, I just found this posting, I am so sorry to hear of your dilemma. But so glad you are ok. It does seems like a small fund held somewhere for situations like this would do a lot of good. Even $1 from every Farmgirl who wanted to help would add up fast.....hummmm :D

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  08:22:33 AM  Show Profile
I'd be willing to help, that's for sure.

When I was working at my last job at a medical group, everyone else was having their paychecks electronically processed-- Even my SISTER (who tipped me off to the job). I REFUSED to have that done when it was offered, so I got a "Hard" check every pay day. I was the ONLY regular employee to be paid on time. There was absolutely no excuse our lousy (and LAZY) office manager could use to say MY money was not available. When everyone else had to wait to get paid he ALWAYS blamed it on the place that processed the company payroll. The TRUTH was that HE never got the time cards in on time!!! When we went to an electronic timeclock system, we rarely ever had problems with late paychecks again.

Oh, and HE was the "Middleman" too-- but HIS paychecks were never late!!!

Hugs, wishes, hopes and prayers to you Marian. Hang in there! God takes care of his OWN and he makes the impossible happen. ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  09:53:11 AM  Show Profile
Well, we ALL get payed through our bank accounts and I am the ONLY one to have not received my money DUH!! All the other workers had theirs on time, and just little poor me (duh) didn't.
But like I posted, an Earth Angel provided me with some money and I was able to buy coffee and yogurt and food for Elvis. YIPPEE!!
And there is some left to hold me over the weekend.
See I can go without dinner for the weekend, but Elvis can't. He is just a smallish cat and needs his dinner etc. Me I can live on yogurt and coffee, lol
Gotta see the fun side of it too or else I will go crazy!!

I will wait till Monday. IF I don;t have it by then I will again NOT go in to work. It is now also the principle of the matter. I could go on the bike ofcourse, the weather is going to be good enough to do that. But I will not go. Not until I have my money on my bank account.

I have sent out 2 job applications just today, they were in the paper. They are both asking for a part time secretary/receptionist. They both are WAY closer as well, so I can go on the bike and only be half an hour away. If I need the bus, that is fine too, but bike is also good. Just now keeping my fingers crossed :)
I know there will be PLENTY of applicants, but I too have a chance :)

My personal blog:

Edited by - dutchy on Apr 03 2009 09:57:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  10:04:34 AM  Show Profile
Marian~I am so sorry to hear about this. It is horrible. I hope and pray that things will get better for you soon. My heart aches to know that you do not have any food or anyone to help. God will make a way. Trust in Him~I know it's easier said than done.

Praying for you.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  10:19:14 AM  Show Profile
our youngest has this happen a Lot!! -- he works off and on for different temp companies..an it's always a gamble to see whether or not he'll get paid. He's had to threaten some companies, but they have the concern of a snail...

And Tom & I too, had to go along the roads around our house to collect bottles and soda cans -- 'bout 14 years ago. We were thrilled to pieces when we made $45.00 for an entire week one time -- not selling the cans, but a quarter cord of firewood. It's so horrid to not get paid on time!! Ack!!

Hang in There Kiddo!! An' vent whenever ya want!!

>> Laurianne <<
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  10:59:34 AM  Show Profile
God Bless Dutchy and her earth Angel.

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  12:18:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am glad your Earth Angel was there to help you out! Have you tried calling your bank to see if there is a problem?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  12:49:27 PM  Show Profile
No, it is a sort of bank that can't be contacted. Sounds strange I know. But it is not a "regular" bank but a Giro, sort of a post office account?? Don't know if that is in the USA or not. As soon as all this is behind me I am gonna open a new account with a regular bank. I have had this one for at least 30 years and NEVER ever had a problem with my previous jobs. The minute they send the money it was in my account, so to speak. I keep checking the account even if I know it can't be there.
Wishful thinking I guess :)

But as I said, I think I can manage, as long as the money is there on Monday. I also contacted my rentingcompany and they were very friendly and understanding. They will keep the bill for a while and send it Monday. Then I have 5 days to pay my rent, so that was a LOAD of my mind as well.
PTL for good housing companies!! I never had problems with paying rent, am always on time so they realized and understood this is NOT my fault.
You know, if it was ME that was at fault, I could understand why no-one would be understanding. THAT and good wishes here do me a world of good, the talking about it, I mean. That has really helped me through today. And I wanna thank you ALL for the kind sweet words, the PM's emails etc.z

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  12:58:26 PM  Show Profile
You know what is also `funny´??
I never ever read my SPAM ofcourse, it goes into my trash straight away. But it seems that today ALL the spam I received has been about money, lol. About expanding loans, about `receiving` extra money, about `winning the lottery´ etc etc.
DUH!! Of all days!!

My personal blog:

Edited by - dutchy on Apr 03 2009 12:59:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  1:00:17 PM  Show Profile
Dearest Dutchy
Hugs and prayers to you .
I hope the situation will soon be resolved.
I know it must be awful for you.
The other ladies have all given good adivce
I will keep you in my prayers hugs sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  2:49:38 PM  Show Profile
Marian,

I am so sorry that you are dealing with this. This has happened to me in the past as well, only I recieved a check, brought it to the bank to be cashed and the poor teller would try numerous accounts of my employer's only to find no money! I should have known better when the Electric Company was about to shut their power. I ended up leaving, life is stressful enough without getting paid for a job well done.

I will be praying for the Lord to bring you a wonderful job, with even better pay and benefits (and get paid).

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Calicogirl on Apr 03 2009 9:50:37 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What to do...:( :( VENTING !! *UPDATE* Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page